Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The coil does not charge, polarity is in the direction shown in manual (connector on shaft side)......LED does not light up.
After a 3 hour charge on everything (with no led on coil to show it was charging)... remote shows.....no coil. I tried again switching the lead in wire (I used a different one). LED does not light, so the coil is not charging. (Manual says it takes 10 seconds or so to come on....It didn't come on after 5 minutes)
Any suggestions.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I`d call whoever i bought it from..and ask to send you a new coil that will charge ...or the factory rep.. that`s a Bummer.
Gary

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the EXACT same problem with mine! Coil wouldn't charge, remote won't recognize the coil. I jumped through the hoops the service center wanted me to, in the end I had to send it in. It was in fact a bad coil! (I knew that)

Sounds like you have the same issue.

OP
OP
Digger2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it is a bummer, I emailed Bart, but the store was closed when I did.

Roy

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe they are having coil issues?:dontknow: Don't they have QC at the factory?

OP
OP
Digger2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The charger had one of the prongs that was stuck inside the charger and won't free up, so it both leads are not making contact. The coil may or may not be good.
My proverbial bubble has popped!:BangHead:
It'll be taken care of, I sure am glad I dealt with bart, he has another charger on the way.
The chargers are made in china, so that ought to take care of QC.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When mine came in,the coil was blinking right out of the box! It still had to be charged before the first use. Having a coil that is NOT blinking,means (to me anyway) that, 1 the coil is not working,or 2. the battery is dead! A lipo battery let discharge to zero,is a bad deal. You don't want them to get below 20% charge capacity. I've got a lot of them (rc airplanes),and have had a few (my fault) discharge to zero. They were junk,and will never recharge again!:BangHead: I now have a charger that has a "storage" feature on it,and it charges/discharges the batterys to 20% capacity for storage over the winter months. Haven't lost a battery pack since!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread