✅ SOLVED Does anybody recognize this detector? What kind .. How old?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• detector2.jpg
    detector2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 104

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The knobs look like the ones on my Peavey mixing console/amp from the early 80's.

DCMatt

Upvote 0

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
They are from China ...

Look for them on a site called < Alibaba.com > under metal detectors , they are a worldwide distributor and you can by things made in country's around the world (not just China) . There are also Minelab clones and Fisher and Tek clones as well . Sometimes it makes me wonder if some of the big brand company's have them farmed out and built in China and then branded in their names .
And please don't make my hunch a big issue cause it's a common practice and company's have done this for years , I know cause I worked for one . And I'm not saying they are cause I have no real proof , but I base my hunch on this .
Whites Bulls Eye isn't made in America and I'm not sure if the box says where it is made , and so on for Fishers and others . But it doesn't have to, why ?
Basically , it's the box and not what's inside that was made in USA , believe it or not . I worked for a electronic's distributor in Illinois years back . They'd receive huge crates from China filled to the top with things like headphones . We'd take them out and re-package them with the brand name , but the package said "Made in USA" .
When I asked management about if it was false advertising I was told by the CEO that the label , and plastic bag or box is made in USA so no laws are broken . And even today I bet they still do it . I haven't seen a product saying "Packaged in USA - Contents Made in China."
I seen this one on Ebay recently ... and the battery part in back I've seen on other similar models . But that was for a back-up battery. This one just might not be working right if there are other battery's inside . Heck , even a little button battery can mess things up sometimes . If it goes cheap it's worth a shot just to tinker with .... I hope my answer has helped answer your question .
Happy Trails , Woodstock

Upvote 0

Bryanhashemi

Mar 15, 2012
Savannah, Ga
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, whites xlt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look for them on a site called < Alibaba.com > under metal detectors , they are a worldwide distributor and you can by things made in country's around the world (not just China) . There are also Minelab clones and Fisher and Tek clones as well . Sometimes it makes me wonder if some of the big brand company's have them farmed out and built in China and then branded in their names .
And please don't make my hunch a big issue cause it's a common practice and company's have done this for years , I know cause I worked for one . And I'm not saying they are cause I have no real proof , but I base my hunch on this .
Whites Bulls Eye isn't made in America and I'm not sure if the box says where it is made , and so on for Fishers and others . But it doesn't have to, why ?
Basically , it's the box and not what's inside that was made in USA , believe it or not . I worked for a electronic's distributor in Illinois years back . They'd receive huge crates from China filled to the top with things like headphones . We'd take them out and re-package them with the brand name , but the package said "Made in USA" .
When I asked management about if it was false advertising I was told by the CEO that the label , and plastic bag or box is made in USA so no laws are broken . And even today I bet they still do it . I haven't seen a product saying "Packaged in USA - Contents Made in China."
I seen this one on Ebay recently ... and the battery part in back I've seen on other similar models . But that was for a back-up battery. This one just might not be working right if there are other battery's inside . Heck , even a little button battery can mess things up sometimes . If it goes cheap it's worth a shot just to tinker with .... I hope my answer has helped answer your question .
Happy Trails , Woodstock

That is very interesting woodstock. Never thought of that before. crazy!

Upvote 0

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, all you have to do is finish the assembly in america to be made in usa...hence toyota!. packaging is considered a finish

Upvote 0
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy Trails , Woodstock

Iy is still on ebay, and I was looking at it just to tinker with. I was just curious if this was a particular brand or not, but that's looking rather suspect at the moment. Thanks for your post! I will check it out on Albania.

Metal Detector | eBay

Upvote 0

GpSnoopy

Sep 14, 2008
Grande Prairie, AB
Detector(s) used
MXT, Sovereign GT, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for further information, it's currently available new as a GPX4500F on a Chile international Trade site. Definitely the same unit, other than it has "Hunting Eagle Metal Detector" on the faceplate instead of "Underground Metal Detector". It's selling for $380 - $450 depending on quantity. Distributed by HongKong Egomall Technology co., Limited.

9.6Khz frequency, 400hz single tone, 12V rechargeable battery (up to 10 hours life), Good for shallow water hunting, 9.5" coil, weight 2.4kg (5.3lbs.)

As it's a trade site, and competes with our sponsors, I'm not going to post the link, but you can google DHGate.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Brilliant GpSnoopy .. Great call! That is exactly what it is! Wonder where one would go to get parts for those thangs?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread