What's new

Does anyone collect old bank memorabilia, example Wells Fargo etc

49er12

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
1,350
Reaction score
1,713
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious all this detecting we do by land, water, woods, we’ve never came across any bank relics, badges, bags etc, just saying. Wells Fargo stage coaches where the transportation of yesteryear, we’ve never found old mail bags etc. anyhow anyone have any stories concerning this subject thanks
 
Here are a couple of safe deposit lids. I dug the Cripple Creek one up and sold it. Later I found the Victor one and was lucky to buy the other back. The Victor 9ne was found buy an old bent Spencer shotgun. They are rival towns, and look good displayed together. Screenshot_20201127-030927.webp
I am surprised we don't see more of them.
 
I have lots of banking memorabilia...money! Gary
 
Here are a couple of safe deposit lids. I dug the Cripple Creek one up and sold it. Later I found the Victor one and was lucky to buy the other back. The Victor 9ne was found buy an old bent Spencer shotgun. They are rival towns, and look good displayed together. View attachment 1882551
I am surprised we don't see more of them.

So glad I saw this post....I dug this one probably 40 years ago and never knew what it was, but did put a safety deposit box lid into the guesses. So cool to see yours, thanks!

DSC09208.webp
 
I do, but we wouldn't find what I collect with a metal detector. I collect local cloth bank bags with the banks name and slogan or picture, before they went to vinyl.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom