Does anyone have any experience at Presque Isle-findings?-recommendations?

Potter Poker

Jan 29, 2007
Potter County, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Am planning a trip to Presque Isle, Erie Pa. Never been there before, but you know beaches and how they attract MD'ers. Don't know what to expect, what the rules are, or how positive results have been for other MD'ers. How does early American history enter into what one might find on the beaches? Are the beaches "swept" clean by machines like they are at Ocean Sity Maryland? What kind of experiences have other MD'ers had at the site. There's a lot of experience accumulated by MD'ers in that area, I am sure, and it would be well worth it to compile those experiences here. Thank you for responding to this entry...Potter Poker

ginnysdaddy

Aug 10, 2007
Jeannette, PA (Westmoreland Co.)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potter Poker said:
Am planning a trip to Presque Isle, Erie Pa. Never been there before, but you know beaches and how they attract MD'ers. Don't know what to expect, what the rules are, or how positive results have been for other MD'ers. How does early American history enter into what one might find on the beaches? Are the beaches "swept" clean by machines like they are at Ocean Sity Maryland? What kind of experiences have other MD'ers had at the site. There's a lot of experience accumulated by MD'ers in that area, I am sure, and it would be well worth it to compile those experiences here. Thank you for responding to this entry...Potter Poker
I did detect and pan the beach, found loose change. There are 10 beaches. Beach 10 had alot of people when I was there, the beaches may be closed for the winter season. Nobody gave me any problems there while I was detecting. Also around Beach 1, it is a good place to find Beach Glass...Good Luck...

OP
OP
Potter Poker

Potter Poker

Jan 29, 2007
Potter County, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the reply, do you know the details about the beaches being closed for the winter? I have seen pics of some of the beaches during the winter months, so I presumed you could go out on the beaches and detect no matter the time of year. Is this correct?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Somewhere on this forum someone had post the rules to detecting on the beaches. In general it was don't detect near the water while lifeguards are on duty and people are swimming....or something to that effect. No rules other than that on detecting. And I know you can go out on the beaches in winter...done that quite a few times. Not detecting, just with friends.
Presque Isle opens at dawn and closes at sunset.

Al

ginnysdaddy

Aug 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepskyal said:
Somewhere on this forum someone had post the rules to detecting on the beaches. In general it was don't detect near the water while lifeguards are on duty and people are swimming....or something to that effect. No rules other than that on detecting. And I know you can go out on the beaches in winter...done that quite a few times. Not detecting, just with friends.
Presque Isle opens at dawn and closes at sunset.

Al

I was there detecting and panning, alot of black sand, no gold.
No problems from anybody, not even the lfeguards.
I did try to help a fellow find his lost wedding band on Beach 6.
No luck.

stewystarr

May 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
I believe that detecting is prohibited during the hours that the lifeguards are on duty. Beach 6 has sand volleyball courts that might be good. I lve about 15 minutes away but only detected there once, batteries died so I didn't find much.

ginnysdaddy

Aug 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stewystarr said:
I believe that detecting is prohibited during the hours that the lifeguards are on duty. Beach 6 has sand volleyball courts that might be good. I lve about 15 minutes away but only detected there once, batteries died so I didn't find much.
Lifeguards only told me to stay away from the swimming area. I think it obstructs their view.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread