What's new

Does anyone know about what it looks like inside a coin sorting facility?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Just curious, does anyone know what it looks inside a coin sorting facility? Do many halves do they have on hand? Are they just sitting in bags or are they wrapped immediately and put into boxes as soon as they arrive? I'm just curious about it. No real motive or reason.
 
Upvote 0
I've not been to a coin sorting facility such as Brinks or Loomis. But I have taken a private tour of the Federal Reserve facility in Jacksonville. The tours are free, but they need to be arranged ahead of time as they will conduct a background check before scheduling a tour. Taking the private tour allowed me to ask many questions (Don't get too specific as they will end the tour quickly and more than likely your name will be placed on a list of suspicious persons). At the Reserve, the coin is not rolled and boxed. They are stored in palletized crates. When a disbursement is scheduled, they are then bagged and sent to the processing facility.
 
I'v asked every guard driver I see if they knew , not one had a answer.
 
You ask too many questions Sonny!
 

Attachments

  • guards.webp
    guards.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 832

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom