What's new

Does anyone know what this is?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's brass, 2 1/2 inches long and the top piece slides out. Thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • 100_4630.webp
    100_4630.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 862
  • 100_4633.webp
    100_4633.webp
    7 KB · Views: 830
Maybe a reed to a duck call - or a bag pipe :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
mojjax said:
Maybe a reed to a duck call - or a bag pipe :dontknow:

My first thought was a duck call.....
 
Upvote 0
Bagpipe reeds are made of cane (reed). Or Plastic, shaped like the cane reeds. :P

I vote duck call. :duckie: :duckie: :duckie: :duckie: :duckie:
 
Upvote 0
Could be a check valve for a larger bellows {old forge}?? Tony
 
Upvote 0
Def. some kind of call reed.I used to make predator calls :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
It's a reed for some kind of instrument or call for sure. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Well, I'm not blowing into it to see if it quacks! :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
If that's a reed, it's a BIG one, so must be to make a low pitched sound. Might be the reed from a Fart Cushion. They were popular years ago as gag gifts. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Well, I'm not blowing into it to see if it quacks! :laughing9:
Shortstack said:
If that's a reed, it's a BIG one, so must be to make a low pitched sound. Might be the reed from a Fart Cushion. They were popular years ago as gag gifts. :dontknow:

Come on Rick,, Inquiring minds want to know,, Blow in it already :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
As soon as i saw it I said Duck!!!!! Its a duck call!!!! I have never used one but Knew what it was as soon as i Saw it!!! I have seen several!!! HH chug
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So, I get the feeling that y'all think this thang is a duck call. Who am I to argue. Quack! :thumbsup:

I noticed that new ones are made out of wood, so is this one old? If so, how old do you think?
 
Upvote 0
Only the out side would be made of wood,you have the reed which would be inside.I do not believe it is terribly old.Also,I would set in on it being specifically a "DUCK",call as by looking at it that cant determination ca not be made.
 
Upvote 0
I'm a fairly avid duck hunter and haven't come across any duck calls with brass reeds. Not even the antique ones. My guess is your piece is more related to a musical instrument. Then again, I'm not an avid musician.
 
Upvote 0
kyphote said:
I'm a fairly avid duck hunter and haven't come across any duck calls with brass reeds. Not even the antique ones. My guess is your piece is more related to a musical instrument. Then again, I'm not an avid musician.


I cant speak for duck calls but as I stated I used to make predator calls and all of my reeds were brass
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
kyphote said:
I'm a fairly avid duck hunter and haven't come across any duck calls with brass reeds. Not even the antique ones. My guess is your piece is more related to a musical instrument. Then again, I'm not an avid musician.


I cant speak for duck calls but as I stated I used to make predator calls and all of my reeds were brass

That's interesting Kuger. What kind of predators did you make them for? Wolves, coyotes?
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
kyphote said:
I'm a fairly avid duck hunter and haven't come across any duck calls with brass reeds. Not even the antique ones. My guess is your piece is more related to a musical instrument. Then again, I'm not an avid musician.


I cant speak for duck calls but as I stated I used to make predator calls and all of my reeds were brass
If you made calls of any kind, you're a much better expert than me. Ran a quick Google search and it looks like calls of all stripes occasionally used brass reeds. Should have done my homework -- I'll pipe down now. :)
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom