What's new

does anyone use a vest while digging

littlebear

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elgin Texas
Detector(s) used
white 5900/DI Pro
Garrett GTA 1000 ultra
Hi im thinking about some kind of vest to use for hunting. Ive allways used some kind of belt pouch type but now im tird of pulling my pants up all the time. any idea would be great
 
Just don't wear pants. Problem solved. :happysmiley:
 
Sure do! I love it. I originally got it for concealed carry, but I mainly just use it for detecting now since I got it all dirty.
I especially like the top pocket for mah pinpointer.
:-)

It's made by 5.11 tactical. I paid about 60.00 for it, but it VERY well built.


bcm.webp
 
Last edited:
my friend recently found a pouch at Dicks sporting goods
made for hunters - that has suspenders on it and has multiple pockets
I think he said $20
 
I have one for woods hunting, bought it at a surplus army store about 1995. Tons of pockets front,back and inside the vest.
It's heavy weight cotton duck camo, a bit warm in the summer but perfect for fall weather.
 
"Swingy Thingy"

it not only holds your Detector up in the front
it holds your pants up in the Back.

no need for the Epoxy System

ButtPuttyblu.webp
 
If you prefer a belt instead of a vest, check at military surplus stores for L B E. Load bearing equipment consists of a 3 inch wide web belt, and attachable padded suspenders. They are both adjustable, and have a lot of room for equipment.

Best of luck,
Bill
 
Plain old fishing vest is cheap(less than 25 bucks), lightweight, water repellant and has plenty of pockets both large and small. Dig On!
 
I've worn a vest for years. I prefer a sturdy cotton one with lots of pockets. I still carry a smallish pouch to throw clad/trash in.
 
I have military BDUs. LARGE pockets at the waist. Can also wear on the street without looking like I'm going fishing. TTC
 
Hi im thinking about some kind of vest to use for hunting. Ive allways used some kind of belt pouch type but now im tird of pulling my pants up all the time. any idea would be great

Wear a belt.

Wear a double sided nail apron.

Simple $1 fix.
 
i used to wear a cotton fishing/hunting type vest while out hunting morrels, tons of pockets. excellent for carring all sorts of stuff and losing too. once wore the vest on a juant to play pool with some freinds down at local watering hole. didnt have alot of cash so only planned on staying for a couple rounds. there was this annoying lump in a spot that affected my pool playing ( never that great anyway lol) so i tore into the vest pockets seeking this wad of trash or whatever it was ..( i thought it was mountain money ... tp to those unfamilar with that term). alas it was real money ... 78.00 ... i stayed for many more rounds that night ( pool playing never did get better lol). in short wear the many pocketed vest, sometimes treasure hunting happens in the least likely of places.
K.
 
thanks for all the advice and diggit i was looking at the sams vest but wondering how hot because i live in central tex. and Jeff glad to see youre still on here love the butt puddy my wife really thought that was what i needed. again thanks to all
 
thanks for all the advice and diggit i was looking at the sams vest but wondering how hot because i live in central tex. ll

It's kinda warm, mainly because of how heavy duty it is. I guess it all depends on the person. I can have it on in the mid 90s, as long as it isn't too humid or there is a slight breeze.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom