🥇 BANNER Does Coral beep? yes, when its full of coins!!!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could'nt work out why this lump of coral (in 2 ft of water) at the beach kept "hitting"?

brought it home and it started to fall apart in my bag - WOW!!!

just need to identify them and work out how to save / clean them???

any ideas???

thanks!!

IMGP0469.JPG IMGP0470.JPG IMGP0471.JPG IMGP0472.JPG IMGP0473.JPG IMGP0474.JPG
IMGP0563.JPG IMGP0523.JPG IMGP0525.JPG IMGP0526.JPG IMGP0527.JPG IMGP0529.JPG IMGP0510.JPG
IMGP0505.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 57
Unreal!!! Leave em as is!

Im going to the beach tommorow and Im going to think of this before every freakin bottle cap I dig!

Holy Cow Batman :notworthy: that is one hell of a find, got to be more there as well. Great advice from Big C...leave them.:thumbsup: Now I'm off to the banner button.

SS

I love it! Nice find.

Oh man get the rest of this lot!!
Id' leave them as they are, some collectors want their babies to look "seabourne" I think this will add value...

Banner find for me, too (and who knows what you will get the next time...)

yaxthri said:
Oh man get the rest of this lot!!
Id' leave them as they are, some collectors want their babies to look "seabourne" I think this will add value...

Banner find for me, too (and who knows what you will get the next time...)

I like your avatar, spongebob

holy _)#$!+_@#+!!!! thats awesome

Like others have suggested, there must be more there, search that area carefully & keep widening the search.

Hopefully you can find some more (so you can keep 1 pile & break up a couple of others) because being a coin collector I would find it near impossible not to find out what types they are. But I understand why others suggest keeping it as is, which in this case I would.

Last edited:
Its BANNER Time!!!!!

Thanks all!!

Update;

still in salt water
dremal locked away & out of reach
have contacted SEDWICK & FISHER IN Fl

Will update when I have news....... or more coins!!!

That's an incredible find - banner for sure. However, it's my opinion that since you know what these are (a stack of 1700s spanish silver coins whose denomination can easily be determined by measuring the diameter), I would leave as is and not try to separate. I think it has much more historical value and eye appeal with the stack remaining intact. That might sound crazy, but if you can come up with a way to stabilize the coins in that configuration I would definitely not pull them apart. Again, congrats on a super find, and you definitely need to expand your search area as there could very likely be many more. Good luck!

I am a little late to the party, but I just wanted to add that if it were like the ones I found. I would keep them together as I did... They are worth so much more that way... Curiosity is a HUGE factor.... Conglomerants always have a wonder factor and there always a great talk piece... Great find...

What an amazing find! Shipwrecked treasure - what dreams are made of. I can't wait to see if you find more so get out there and get to work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back