🥇 BANNER Does Coral beep? yes, when its full of coins!!!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could'nt work out why this lump of coral (in 2 ft of water) at the beach kept "hitting"?

brought it home and it started to fall apart in my bag - WOW!!!

just need to identify them and work out how to save / clean them???

any ideas???

thanks!!

IMGP0469.JPG IMGP0470.JPG IMGP0471.JPG IMGP0472.JPG IMGP0473.JPG IMGP0474.JPG
IMGP0563.JPG IMGP0523.JPG IMGP0525.JPG IMGP0526.JPG IMGP0527.JPG IMGP0529.JPG IMGP0510.JPG
IMGP0505.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 57
OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One bottle would do applied to the head, then you can drink the rest of the case!

Do be carefull.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze, get a room your two! Oh wait, it looks like you already did! :laughing7:

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to see the feature length movie on your discovery.

1Delta

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry didnt mean to reference your boat post. Was referencing BVI's pirate ship discovery or whatever it was. Such a lucky guy!

Zakurie84

Jun 24, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, finds like these make me excited to move to the tropics!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen this thread pop up from time to time and have never bothered to comment or read all the posts until today . When I sat down at my computer this morning to check the new todays finds posts I saw it up top again and decided to check it out . Now 2 hrs and a pot of coffee later I have read the entire post and am in aww. BVI your find is the stuff of legend and and by the sounds of what I read you are now a legend as well . I would love to see your story written out in a book with pictures and a full story about what you have found . I hope you continue to bask in the glory of what you have found and the accomplishment it represents . Ty for a great read I experienced this morning

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have read through most of this thread in the past with great interest. Did I miss the post where we learn the current or final tally of what BVI found? It's a bit unfortunate that some seem to want to use this thread as a chatroom for largely irrelevant banter (I think it's only normal to have some) but reading through 30-40 pages of the stuff mostly by one poster gets a bit tiring. Maybe someone can post some links to the posts or pages that contain any salient information regarding this impressive discovery--not trying to take anything away from the OP or his amazing discovery as I remember when he first posted it and was one of the first to vote Banner on it (:thumbsup:) I remain quite interested, but I may have to wait for the book/movie :laughing7:

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Have you separated them yet? I have a book about conservation of all types of finds and you would more then definitely go with electrolysis and you can use an old cell phone charger. The book you want is called [h=1]The Archaeologist's Manual for Conservation. Good luck!....one thing is to use stainless steal alligator clips and stainless steel wire. (solid wire) if you don't the metal from the chrome or copper can transfer to the coins.[/h][email protected]

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. Have you separated them yet? I have a book about conservation of all types of finds and you would more then definitely go with electrolysis and you can use an old cell phone charger. The book you want is called [h=1]The Archaeologist's Manual for Conservation. Good luck!....one thing is to use stainless steal alligator clips and stainless steel wire. (solid wire) if you don't the metal from the chrome or copper can transfer to the coins.[/h][email protected]

Thanks.
The coins are well taken care of and back amongst many of thier old friends.
I use carbon rods for my electrolysis.

Cheers

BVI

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions