dieselram94
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2011
- Messages
- 9,236
- Reaction score
- 6,709
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mid Coast Maine
- Detector(s) used
- Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RELIANCE on a screen is the best way to leave goodies for those of us who follow. If you believe you can put all your faith in a machine's best guess, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale cheap. For what it's worth to anyone who cares - I strongly feel that everyone who is serious about detecting should start with a beep and dig machine and learn it well. Then, if you desire a screen, you already will have picked up on the audible nuances of different targets. Audible signals and screen displays combined will improve your overall efficiency as long as you don't get lazy and begin to depend on the screen too much. My 2 cents.
luvdux
I look at the screen of my 705 however I hunt in all metal and usually dig everything. I also use all tones...
Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2
So this begs the question, what are my intentions when metal detecting? I say dig treasure not trash. I want my trash to treasure ratio to be low. How I achive this is largly based on the discrimination circuit of the machine. So, back to the question of the original post. Does it matter that Tesoro doesn't have a meter. Short answer, no.You can discriminate what you dig without a dgital meter Long answer, meters are a useful tool in my opinion if you know how to utilize them. Just my humble opinion. Audio or visual it's all discrimination. Both will give false information in many instances. Metal detecting is not an exact science. There are an infinant number of variable as to what is in the ground. i.e. size, shape, depth, orintation, proximity to other objects, ground mineralization and so on and so on.







