NGE
Silver Member
- Joined
- May 27, 2008
- Messages
- 3,511
- Reaction score
- 135
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- S.E. Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
- Primary Interest:
- Other
When I first met my future wife, she was working at a nursing home as a cook. And I was working as an auto body repairman. About 3 years after marriage, she decided that she would like to try TH'ing. So I gave her a machine for CHRISTmas one year. Everything was great for about 3 months. I took her to one of my favorite old school yards and showed her a spot I had not hunted yet, I wandered off to do my own thing. After about an hour, I decided to check on her, she was leaning on her machine, smoking a cigarette, and constantly looking at her watch. I asked her if she had found anything, she said YES.... All the bottle caps and trash that she was cleaning out for me! I also asked her why she kept looking at her watch, she said it was 2:45 and if we hurry, she could get home in time to watch " Her Story"
. End of her "NEW" hobby. She did not share my hobby and I did not enjoy watching Soap Opera's. We are still married (33 years) she doesn't watch that stuff anymore, I still hunt. She says that when I get something in my craw, it doesn't matter what she says, " I am going anyways" (Me) Now, she is constantly signing me up for old fogey type shows and plays and church activities, and anything to cut down on my hunting time
. of course the tundra is frozen now, but, I would rather be doing my research now instead of going to watch a one man band at the local senior center
. then after that go give what little blood I have left. Yessiree Bob, an exciting agenda for today.........NGE
. End of her "NEW" hobby. She did not share my hobby and I did not enjoy watching Soap Opera's. We are still married (33 years) she doesn't watch that stuff anymore, I still hunt. She says that when I get something in my craw, it doesn't matter what she says, " I am going anyways" (Me) Now, she is constantly signing me up for old fogey type shows and plays and church activities, and anything to cut down on my hunting time
. of course the tundra is frozen now, but, I would rather be doing my research now instead of going to watch a one man band at the local senior center
. then after that go give what little blood I have left. Yessiree Bob, an exciting agenda for today.........NGE

The other side of that is I'm supportive of her interests. I see to it her favorite soap opera gets recorded so she doesn't miss it and have no problem running off to get her yarn, beads or whatever else she needs for her crafts. It's really a two way street.
. While she does not stop me from going hunting, or fishing, we participate in church activities together. I told her to put requests on the calender on the wall in the kitchen, I will consult that before making hunting plans in advance. It does NO good to tell me your plans in advance, as my memory is very weak 







