What's new

Does this huge rock look worked?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
I don't know what type of rock it is but it looks like it has work on it in a few spots. Is it flint? It's huge, weighing just under 3 pounds :tard:
 

Attachments

  • rock4.webp
    rock4.webp
    85.3 KB · Views: 555
  • rock2.webp
    rock2.webp
    86 KB · Views: 562
  • rock3.webp
    rock3.webp
    65 KB · Views: 557
  • rock1.webp
    rock1.webp
    67.5 KB · Views: 603
Upvote 0
First three photos show signs of being worked on a few spots.

PS: Hows it going. wife and I are in New Mexico hunting the desert.
 
WOW how cool is that! Are you finding anything good? I hope so. :hello:
 
Peachy!! it look like a big chunk of flint that they tried to take off peaces for arrowheads but it would not flake right so they droped it. look at the flake scars all are small. Terry
 
yes Peachy!! Jon!! and i both missed that one but you have an advantage, you have it in your hand. i do not beleave that would have been big enough to make even a bradly spike if it did come off in one piece as i dought it did. go to 400% on your PC's % key. tab, button or whatever you call it mine is in lower right of screen. the curved groove looking marks are what makes me think it may have broken when if poped off. Terry
 
I dont know for sure but my mom found it in the house she bought when I was 10. The guy that owned the house before had boxes of rocks he collected that he just left. She kept a few of the pieces and put the rest in the garden. That was out in California but there's no telling where it was originally found.................or is there? :dontknow: LOL
 
I was thinking a big piece of slag glass if you found it in Kentucky, but being from California it could be obsidian. Most freshly mined/quarried obsidian has breaks like that, so it could be worked and still not be ancient...

If it came from a rock collection, I guess it's not very old.
 
the rock has to be at least older than 29 years old, because Peachy's mother found it in a collection she found in a house she bought when Peachy!! was 10 years old. Terry
 
Hey Peachy,
I don't know if you saw it or not, but, if you look very closely at the last picture you can see the outline of a nice point! :laughing7:
 
I agree if from Cali. Looks like obsidian. Stuff fractures very easy Peachy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom