Broken knee
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 12, 2009
- Messages
- 1,909
- Reaction score
- 785
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- in your back yard
- Detector(s) used
- excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
no just 2 holes where the bar was attached.vayank54 said:It looks like a horse rosette by the bar in the back. Does it look like it ever had a tin back?
it's lacking led and fairly small 1 1/4" what i am amazed with is the depth of the impression.vayank54 said:It might be a scarf slide. A lot of rosettes had a copper or brass face with a tin back and a single bar like in the pic. This one doesn't quite look strong enough to be a rosetter so I'm not sure it is.
I was wondering about the depth of the impression too. I haven't seen a piece quite like thisBroken knee said:it's lacking led and fairly small 1 1/4" what i am amazed with is the depth of the impression.vayank54 said:It might be a scarf slide. A lot of rosettes had a copper or brass face with a tin back and a single bar like in the pic. This one doesn't quite look strong enough to be a rosetter so I'm not sure it is.
trikikiwi said:Black glass according to this example - very cool
http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Black-g...temQQimsxZ20091215?IMSfp=TL091215179001r23995
Mike
I imagine the item in the post up top is Button-sized rather than Rosette-sized. 
BuckleBoy said:trikikiwi said:Black glass according to this example - very cool
http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Black-g...temQQimsxZ20091215?IMSfp=TL091215179001r23995
Mike
Great ID!I imagine the item in the post up top is Button-sized rather than Rosette-sized.
![]()