Dog Day Afternoon

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Met up with IDburdie again on Jan 1st. We went back to 3 Sands and gave it a go despite the wind blowing up to 50 mph and getting sandbllasted. We still had a good time though and cleaned out some of the trash. LOL Think if this keeps up will start my own scrap metal business. ;D
I did find 3 little keepers though. One was a wheatie, no idea what the date is yet but figure between 1909/1929. Going to be careful cleaning it though-with luck, it could be a 1909SVDB, 1914D, or a 1922 plain. We also found a silver spoon with a patent date of Sept 11, '06 and a little ceramic dog. A great day with great friends is all anyone can ask when starting a new year. HH all!

Attachments

• dog day 2006.JPG
    dog day 2006.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Stoney,

good that you and ID got out together again. Nice few finds.

I cannot stand blowing sand, sand in my shirt, sand in my hair, sand, sand, sand.

have a good un..............

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
Nice finds!

We have the sand Dunes up here in NW Indiana and was just talking to a friend about huntin em. The advise I got was that one of the best times to go is after the wind picks up like that, or after a storm as layers of sand are torn off the top to expose treasures/bottles. Or at least creates a situation where your detector scans deeper that it would have.

Let us know about that wheatie!

HH

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff,
Missed your post but you got it right friends and detecting can't be beat. Say I think it was 70 degrees and 70 MPH for us standing up. You were too busy digging up the loot. Three Sands is a great place. I intend to be back soon. You could tell some one about this place till your blue in the face and you still need to see it to believe it. I had a great time in-spite of the winds. Jeff I went to bed at eight pm and slept till eight this morning. I found a glass stopper and just a couple pieces of glass. Ha Ha. Anybody that's been there knows that's a joke. I learned a lot of history about this place. I didn't realize you posted anything Stoney or I would have replied sooner. See Ya later my friend.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey Stoney, glad you could get out, and with friends, what a plus. I've been out the last two days by myself, it's just not as fun... Lets hope the wheatie is a good one...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's like a good day in my book,nice find's,..Keep us posted when you clean that wheatie up...HH

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Well, I got done with the cleaning process as best I can. The good news is there's still a wheat penny, the bad news is it's so pitted that anything after 19 is totally gone. So it will forever remain a 19XX. ?:'(

My New Year's resolution is to leave no full dated coin in the ground. ?;D Thanks for all your wishes and may your pouches overflow with goodies this year.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heck stoney...let's just go ahead and say it's a 1909 then! ;)

Glad you two had a great time!!!

;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ! You had fun and thats what it's all about. Good Luck in the future.

Huntin' 59er

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Nice finds! :)
Do research on that ceramic dog. I'm friends with a lady who is obsessed with ebay. Every time I see her she tells me about all the cheap crap she buys from flea markets and sells for like 80 bucks on ebay and stuff...usually figurines and stuff...you never know! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread