Newbie finds

addlepated

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2005
Note: I've been trying to post this topic with pics for about an hour, and it's not going through.? I'll try to add pics later.

Hey y'all.? I just got my husband a metal detector for Christmas, and I have promptly absconded with it and made it my own.? ?;D

I tried it around the house a bit and found a bunch of nails and some old juice cans.? Then we went to the park and I found a bunch of poptops, along with the strange metal rock looking thing.? Finally we went to my daughter's school and I poked around on the soccer field.? Found my first quarter, a couple of pennies, and the big metal rectangle (hubby says it looks like a fence strap).

Anyway, nothing spectacular, but I had fun.? There was a spot on the soccer field that seemed to be about 18" long and very narrow - maybe old pipe? - but I dug down 5" and didn't find it, and night was closing fast.? Maybe tomorrow!

Attachments

• treasures.jpg
    treasures.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 368
  • hunk.jpg
    hunk.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
addlepated said:
Anyway, nothing spectacular, but I had fun.?

Fun is what it's all about. Looks like your off to a great start.
Good luck, Welcome to the forum, & Happy New Year~

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DETECTOR............SNAGGED.......GET YOUR OWN !!..sound's like you're hooked.HH

OP
OP
A

addlepated

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2005
wayne_etc said:
So what does your hubby think of you pulling rank on the new 'tector?? I guess he'lll just have to get his own!
It all kinda works out. He wasn't really that interested in the detector, but he's discovered geocaching so at the park he has something to occupy himself with!

(By the way, what does "HH" mean?)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Addlepated. I'll have to try that technique next Christmas. :D :D :D There's a few things that I would like.

Anyway, thanks for showing those antique pulltabs and the money.

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
That is exactly what I do!!!! My wife opens her gift, then says,..."WHAT DO I NEED A COIN GRADING BOOK FOR?" ;D

Just Kiddin!!!

Nice finds!! Keep it up! It only get better with time as im a newbie too.

HH

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thats a good trick...buy him something that you really wanted! Best of luck to you and I hope your finds are many! Welcome to the wonderful world of treasure hunting!

HEADHUNTER

Aug 30, 2005
North Central,PA
Welcome to the forum...Your hooked now...You need to buy another one for the hubby...Then you can find twice as many pulltabs.. .Happy hunting and good luck

headhunter

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. And congrats on "your" new detector ! ;D H H !

Huntin' 59er

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just like when Fred bought Wilma a bowling ball!!...Anyway I hope it keep's your interest and you DO eventually get hooked....It happen's alot.Good luck in the future,because I know you're gone back.....HH!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Hey that's pretty good, you found a quarter your first time out-impressive. Continued success and have fun hunting. That other item that you detected could still be a pipe but farther down than you thought. I hit a pipe digging about 7 months ago. lol I was trying out my new detector back then and I was determined to find it and when I saw a yellow pipe, I quickly threw the dirt back in the hole,whistled and walked away. ;)

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd give anything to find a handfull of pulltabs right now...

This was last year, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Alaska.jpg
    Alaska.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 104

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread