doing a map dowsing of Illinois for me

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini-3, Ace 250, Cen-Tech pinpointer
I have never done it and know absolutely nothing about it. I am game to try it once thou. Will someone try this on a map of Illinois for me? It does not need to pinpoint a town.... a county would be a good start. Not sure how it works and I don't think I would be good at it. I am trying to think cache. After typing up a p.m. to dell I found his box was full so I started a thread.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there maxmoney,
Why not start right there in the Bloomington area?
Post a picture here from google earth and let whomever wants to dowse it do it.
Make sure to keep street names off the picture.
If something comes up from the photo dowse, I suggest that you find a dowser in your area to help you verify and pinpoint the targets in the field.
Jon

OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
my town.

Attachments

• bloomington il.jpg
    bloomington il.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 338
OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
more close to my house. my house is close to center in this pic.

Attachments

• closer.jpg
    closer.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 308
OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
My house was built in 1920's. At the back of my yard their is a gate with 2 6ft tall large squre post made of different stones. I am told that beyond the gate was nothing but farmers Fields back then. The house in the pick to the right of my house used to be the old servants quarters. Between me and another guy we have pulled 40+ coins out of the yard. the oldest one was only a 53 :icon_scratch:. They must have added fill dirt at one time. Since the house was made by the same contractor as the Davis mansion I have a felling of a possible cache is possible. It may be down 2 feet(if their is one) so I was looking at getting a two box detector. I also have a few other old sites in Illinois that I wanted to use the two box on (old stories of buried gold).

OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Another place I would like to look at

Attachments

• hillview.jpg
    hillview.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 338
OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
A little bit about myself and my beliefs:

I am a Christian. In order to be a Christian you need to believe God is real. Many scientist try to prove facts that point to God as a myth. Science disbelieves anything they can not prove. Christianity is backed by one word....faith. A decent majority of people who discredit the art of Dowsing also believe in Christ. I kind of see this as a double standard as our principles are based on the word faith. Some even go so far as to Dem it as a black art. I don't really get it because it has nothing to do with good or evil. No one worships satan or conjures up past spirits during dowsing. It has nothing to do with religion in general, But rather is based on humans being connected to this world in unexplainable ways. Although I own no rods or have ever tried it, I can not discredit it or put it down in any way. I consider it another tool to help me on my quest for treasure and appreciate all of your help in advance.

Thanks and God Bless

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Bloomington has had many dowsers over the years. I was one of them until 1995. I only go back for family matters and would catch hell if I used part of that time for treasure hunting. Rene LeNeve is a metal detector dealer there and is also a dowser. He may be willing to work with you.
If you want help you would be much more likely to get it if you posted one map. A series of photos gives the impression of greed. Perhaps you were offering more than one photo in hopes of being tipped to one viable treasure. Your original post left the impression that you only wanted a site where you could learn dowsing for yourself. There are a number of sites like that around Bloomington that give a great signal. Rene may tell you about some of them.
One of the biggest treasures in illinois is the leaded glass windows of the David Davis mansion. He bought the unused negatives of the photos taken by the John Wesley Powell exploration of the colorado river and had them etched into his windows and then destroyed the negatives. Scholars study those windows and have learned many things. There is also a priceless treasure that may be located in more than one attic in Bloomington. I'll let you find out details of that for yourself with one clue. It happenned at Major's Hall. good luck, siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
I posted up 5 maps of different locations(one = 3 picks of my home town). From what little I have learned about dowsing people either "get something" off of a map or not. If you play with goggle earth for more than 5 minutes you realize what a speck of dust we are on this earth. Finding treasure is like finding a needle in a haystack. The 4 spots I picked out (other than my town) are from old tales of treasure here in my home state of Illinois. Instead of flipping a coin to find out which lead to take I am looking for your help to decide which one (out of the 5) that gravity pulls me towards. Once I have one site I am going to focus all of my energy on that site. I read one dowsing maps thread in which a dowser told a person "I got nothing off of your house , but got something off of one of the other maps you posted". I thought it was common to post up a few maps to see what gets a hit. The David Davis mansion is loosing its state funding due to budget cuts and will be shut down (along with other local state parks) this year. If you would like to once again visit that mansion you better make plans to do it soon. If I find someone to help me locate a spot to start looking I will look up Rene's Treasure Trove and see if he can give me a hand too.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
His shop hasn't been called Rene's Treasure Trove for a long time. That indicates that you've been doing this awhile. His shop and book binding business on Front Street were destroyed by the city to expand their parking lot. He operates out of his home on Madison street if my memory is right. He's still in the book under metal detector dealers with another name that i don't remember. good luck, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread