A Newbie on Board

sparkydog

Sep 28, 2008
Boulder Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites: Surf, Eagle II SL, GMT.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just found this site today and joined immediately. I'm psyched to have found it! I have used "L" rods for years to find pipes and wires. I am an electrician and this was all I ever thought to use them for. For years I have watched the gold prospector show and have also used a metal detector to hunt coins and relics locally.
Always thought when I retired, I'd go panning or detecting or even dredging for gold. At a Gold Prospectors' show in Primm Nev. I met Bill Morgan of BMI metal detectors and bought a simple "buzzer box" and a pair of matched rods. I can't begin to relate how amazing this all is to me. People hide a gold coin in a huge field and I get a "line" right to it...made a lot of believers with this setup.
I've completed my retirement papers this weekend and along with a like-minded friend I look forward to going to AZ. this winter and dowsing/shooting nuggets. I live in Pennsylvania, if any of you are local please contact me. I'm dying to learn all I can...I've found my retirement hobby!

OP
OP
sparkydog

sparkydog

Sep 28, 2008
Boulder Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oops, my bad. I made an honest mistake there and won't repeat it. If I have experiences I want to relate I will just not mention anything electronic even if it figures into the story. I have seen the pissing matches that ensue when someone challenges the effectiveness of costly electronic locator's and would not wish to be banned or start an argument or problem. The little box I used is just a buzzer and a battery that can be made for $10 or less and is interesting to experiment with. I don't make 'em, sell 'em or have anything to do with them.

Thanks for the heads up Art. I have read some more of the site and it will take quite awhile to get up to speed on all the great information gathered here. Heck, I can see my TV will see even less use than usual.

OP
OP
sparkydog

sparkydog

Sep 28, 2008
Boulder Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After more reading I find that there is a division between those who feel we are the psychic medium of dowsing and that we move our instruments on subconscious signals beyond our conscious control. Then there are those who feel there is a scientific explanation of what we are dealing with that has just not been empirically explained.
I have found plenty of nonmetallic pipes but it could be argued that they had disturbed or mineralized soil around them.
I have areas with significant numbers of arrowheads around me and my test will be to find out if my "L" rods can discern a chipped arrowhead from other similar, unaltered stones.
Has anyone else hunted arrowheads with a dowsing instrument?
Success at this would help me form my view of what it is we are doing or dealing with here. At present I view the system of me and my rods as a detector system much like a metal detector but working on some different principle. Maybe electrical fields of the earth or particle behavior on the subatomic, quantum level? Whatever it is, I'm just going to enjoy it and avail myself of it but there will always be that natural curiosity to explain it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Sparkydog…..I have never looked for arrowheads with my rods. Why are arrowheads found mostly in small areas? I think these were places where the game was brought for butchering or it was someplace where they practiced with their bows. Try to tape an arrowhead to your rods and see what you find. …Good luck and by all means …have fun….Art

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
Welcome to the forum sparkydog. Good people here who will help you along. Digum

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
Hi Sparkydog. Do you know what frequency comes out of your buzzer box?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions