What's new

Dollar Coin Box..should I?

Pirate Hunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I just talked to a local bank and asked if they could order the "older dollar coins" and they said yes. Should I try them? I dont know much about them. Can anyone give me some info on them? Are they better for silver than halfs?
 
Upvote 0
I would be very suprized if you get what you think your getting.

But if you can get a box of the "Older Dollar Coins " Go for it.

First and formost. Look for silver. and if they truly are the "Older Dollar Coins " They should all be silver.

When I think "Older" I'm thinking Peace, Morgan and "Older"

Mojo
 
They likely have a stock pile of Ike dollars waiting for you. Not worth more than a $1.00, but you may find a Silver Dollar (Morgan, Peace,) in the rolls they are the same size.

Let us know,

Keep @ It and HH!!
 
Worth trying. If they're all Ikes, just dump 'em.
 
Yes , get them if u can ..they will most likely be Ike dollars and they come 1k to a bag ... I got a Morgan, Peace dollar and 4 40% proofs out of the bag that I got plus a 1972 King of he Ikes type 2 variety ... which is a money coin if the conditon is top notch plus some '73s might be kicking around those only came in mint sets that year they are worth a few bucks ... best of luck give them a try ,Ed
 
Most tellers think older dollars are the susan B's. Good luck though

Golden Silver
 
Careful, the big dollars (Ikes, Peace, Morgan) don't come rolled. They come in bags. Dollars in boxes will probably net you Susan B. Anthony, Sacs, and Presidents.
 
My vote is that if you order a box, you'll end up with 1000 new dollar coins (mixed sba's, sac's and pres's).
 
Maybe they meant the "old" Sacajawea dollars as the new dollars are the president's. Either way give it a try. :thumbsup:
 
IF I do it I am going to make it very clear what I want. If they bring anything other than that I wont buy them.
 
Pirate Hunter said:
IF I do it I am going to make it very clear what I want. If they bring anything other than that I wont buy them.


Ask them P.H. if they are big dollars or not ....that way you will know if they are those SBA - Presidents or if they are older, best of luck :thumbsup:
 
Pirate Hunter said:
IF I do it I am going to make it very clear what I want. If they bring anything other than that I wont buy them.

Ask ahead of time whether they are the large dollars or not. If they order them and they come in not what you are expecting, buy them anyways. Don't stiff them with a $1000 dollar box. They'll just end up sitting in the vault, and they won't be as likely to order other coins for you. Buy the box and at least search for some of the errors. (Wide Rims, Smooth edges, 2002 and later Sacs, etc.)
 
Bring a Ike dollar in to show them before they order.Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom