Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd dig under that rock and move the smaller one with that pry bar. -- looks like a good spot to me.
Don't think I'd attempt it on Heroin -- maybe a beer afterwards.
Mike

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The workshops aren't "hearings"

"these workshops are for informational purposes an no formal action will be taken. There will be no sworn testimony or cross examination of work shop participants, but state water control board may ask clarifying questions."

It is a work shop. The SWRCB and CADFW are going to "present " stakeholders with info on CWA, NPDES, and regulations regardinf suction dredging.

Then "stake holder" can ask questions and give input.

The title of the workshop notice says it all.

"Solicitation of input regarding POTENTIAL actions to protect water quality FROM suction dredge mining"

written comments are sent in "Comment letter-Discussions concerning potential actions to protect water quality from suction dredge mining"

I don't see any where that they are asking for input about random junkie prospectors.

Honestly it seems like they aren't planning on hearing all that much, it's kind of hard when your already whistling your own tune!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happens decides who, what, or if and being held in a formal setting-you say potato I say Potato -hahahaha word picky insipid %$# anything to snivel, nit pick bs---John

Funk/Waggners dictionary states-hearing-3. a opportunity to be heard: audience hahahaha educate your ignorance

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
So John...... You're saying yet ANOTHER set of meetings to put a little "Eye wash" on a subject that the outcome has already been decided on? You're a wise man my friend!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So John...... You're saying yet ANOTHER set of meetings to put a little "Eye wash" on a subject that the outcome has already been decided on? You're a wise man my friend!
The exact same thing I said. They are not hearings at all.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happens decides who, what, or if and being held in a formal setting-you say potato I say Potato -hahahaha word picky insipid %$# anything to snivel, nit pick bs---John

They are not hearings John. they are presentations given by, the two agencies tasked with regulating, and enforcing suction dredging, as it has been mandated to be regulated. To the people who it will regulate. And they love to throw in in not so hidden of a message that is ...if THEY decide to ALLOW it at all based on THEIR findings.

All of this is because of SB 637. There were actual "Hearings" during the bill process. A great many of us took part in that process. I'm sure I could go hunting here and quote you several times where you were poo pooing on it then too. And talking like you were such an expert that participating in actuality was beneath you. After all you have done so much already. I know you weren't there in person. Your helpometer must be on the full side or your just to good for us ignorant's !?

Well, since you've been skimming along with it since then and are all on the up and up with what to call it. I really look forward to your concise, well written and spoken input at the Redding " Hearing"

You say I'm splitting words but try to show extreme power of one definition.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it is not about what happens at the work shop decides. Read their own notices and the bill again. They are not cross examining. They provided the "sample" question as if we need them.

They want an RSVP so they can gauge attendance. And they will limit time for the sake of the meeting. They will not be making a formal decision. And a program isn't expected to go into affect until spring 2018. But, one should consider they were talking about EIR's before they can designate water and drainage status.

As a side note Carrie Monahan. The TSF scientist. (She was on of the FEW people in the room for SB637 vs. the 120+ of us) who was working with Sen. Allen when he crafted the bill. Is now teaching a class on water sampling for mercury. To make sure they can get good sampling. Because they say in the past that they have had issue with unusable sample because of poor sampling processes.

The class is fifty bucks if its out of Grass Valley I'm going to try really hard to take it. It's a lab and field class.

Stay Ignorant My Friends:thumbsup:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude most likely wasn't even dredging. it looks like he was working some bedrock though. There is a combination of intent and ignorance that is going to lead to all prospecting being called DREDGING.
Notice it was a ranger that called in S.O. back up. If he didn't have the dope on him he probably would have just got booted or a citation for digging somewhere digging isn't allowed..or pooping on rocks or something. They ended up just getting him for the drugs and his rig(needle)
Those charges are minor charges now. about the same as getting busted dredging. So, I guess were all the same class of criminal. Good times!

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I wouldn't doubt if it he just had a sluice box, which they are labeling as a dredge now.

T

Tuolumne

Wow, there is great response from people correcting the fake dredge news on facebook, it's great seeing how the public is not letting that pass. My bazooka is not a sluice or a dredge so don't busy me for that too! Lol

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I SUFFER NO FOOLS AS HERE IT IS IN WRITING FROM THE WQBThe State Water Resources Control Board will receive public comments on the proposed Provisions and the Draft Staff Report, including the Draft Substitute Environmental Documentation. A staff workshop will be held Monday, January 9, 2017 inSacramento, and a public hearing will be held to receive public input and comments on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, in Sacramento. Details are in the attached notice.
-now shut the :censored: up as it IS a bloody stinkn' HEARING ---CAN YOU NOT READ because you all sure got your heads upn' your :censored: GW keep up the sniping as we all love the ignorance that spews forth like a diuretic on steroids....HEARING FOOLS-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point is that some junkie with a sluice box is so off their radar.

The first meetings are four public workshops. the last one is February 6th The dates you posted have been revised John if if you actually read the links you would see that after the paragraph about the four public workshops that are as I described.

The next section is the only place the word "hearing " is used and when you read the whole paragraph carefully you can see exactly why anyone not on the Gov./Regulation side must vomit while they utter the word "hearing"

Under- Permit and waiver development.
" After the public meetings, State Water Board staff will draft recommendations on how to appropriately regulate suction dredge mining for State Water Board consideration. Staff is proposing to hold a workshop and adoption hearing where stakeholders and California Native American Tribal intrests (cute how they capitalize them) may speak directly to the State Water Board (who won't be at the initial workshops. only "staff"). Staff is proposing a final State Water Board determination on regulating suction dredge mining in spring 2018.

By the law they only have to have one Noticed public hearing. That is after the workshops, and it will not be some sort of "Justice" based hearing where the Board is gonna be like "this just isn't fair to the stakeholders, we must look into this"

A bill did all of this and gave the SWB control of when DFW can issue permits. They don't have to issue based on their determination. I guess in a far fetched way the water board could end up determining that we shouldn't be allowed to dredge, because of some junkie sluicing at Don Pedro that was not even ticketed for mining in anyway.

It is pretty reasonable to assume they are going to base their determination on something that doesn't matter or make any sense...so, not to far fetched really.

Anyone ever call Russell Norman (916-323-5598) I have. had a great informational conversation. You would be surprised what he thinks about what miners think they can't do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread