What's new

Done with dimes

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Dimes have been unkind to ME so far this month but today was the last straw. Sunday is my day to do dimes in the afternoon, today I did 7 boxes and not a silver in the bunch. So farewell dear dimes, it was fun while it lasted. HH Mark
 
Upvote 0
thats strange
which part of the country are you in
i average like 2 silver per box in my neck of the woods
 
Depends on where the boxes come from. I try to stick to customer hand rolled dimes. I have learned the banks that get a steady supply and get a silver every 200 or so. Sometimes more. I would stick to hand rolled man.

Golden Silver
 
i'm in agreement with golden silver, I always prefer the handrolls...never know when you're going to get the excitement of a solid silver dime roll!
 
The tellers here pull the silver from the customer dimes, I think they may have too much time on their hands, lol. ffd
 
Every bank here has a coin counter sos nobody has to roll coin to cash it in so hand rolls aren't really around. I had been averaging one a box up till a month ago- my guess is others started hunting and there's a bunch of dumping going on and it all just got boxed up. I know of a dozen other half hunters here and thats the same deal= large cycles of skunks from all the dumps. Just venting haha.
HH all, Mark
 
try and get the bank to sell you a bag of dimes from their coin counter machine. i always have better luck with those. the bags hold 1K
 
Wierd, I average 3 dimes per box and none of my banks take rolled coins only loose then its sent through the coin counter. Halfs on the other hand around here aren't even worth searching, I do 8 or 10 boxes and just get 1 or 2 40%'rs. :tongue3:
 
Oh Mark, just give it all up. If it were me, I would just send all your money to charity and give up. There are no more dimes out there. IMHO just quit. That's my 2 cents worth. "Mr. Positive"
 
coolpix9 said:
Oh Mark, just give it all up. If it were me, I would just send all your money to charity and give up. There are no more dimes out there. IMHO just quit. That's my 2 cents worth. "Mr. Positive"
Everybody is a comedian. The halves are paying so good this last week I shouldn't been screwin with the dimes anyways- and I won't from now on. Got a sale pending (local) for 30 rolls of Log cabins for $2/, when he calls ME back I'm gonna offer him my box of railsplitters at the same rate, then I'm gonna tell him about the last box of the lincoln memorials in existance and offer him a screamin deal of $200 for the lot, How's that for bein positive? BTW I checked out the charity and they said I had to sell all my silver first :P HH all, Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom