Dont Buy From www.prospectorstore.com!!!

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
Don't Buy From www.prospectorstore.com!!!

Ordered an item in early Oct. First email was told it was not in stock. Should be in that week. After that no contact after at least 8 emails and phone calls. Charged my credit card right away though. Emails and phone calls totally ignored!! >:(

Others have PM'd me from that sites forum with similar issues. BBB says they have an unsatisfactory rating. BUYER BEWARE!!

Had to finally just dispute the charge with my credit card company today after no communication from Doug Springfield who is the owner of prospectorstore.com

Upvote 0

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Don't Buy From www.prospectorstore.com!!!

Im seeing this on other foums so must be a real problem. Be carefull!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

something must have happened! i bought from Doug about 5 years ago and he had good prices and prompt delivery! i havent bought anything recently but i meet him at Douglas creek in Wyoming and he seemed tobe a good guy! i know some dealers are having a hard time getting supplies from the manufactors and thusly have a real long lag time filling orders.but a simple email to the people should ease their desires to get their equipment that they paid for! some of these dealers have had to go out of business on account of it. its a real shame!sorry to see it happen!

RetRmy

Apr 17, 2007

sorry to hear about your dissapointment. I bought for the very first time from Goldfeverprospecting.com and was very very happy with the concentrates. before I put them through a screen, I dried everything by putting it on a cookie sheet and let it set overnight under our woodburning stove. the next day I was able to pick out about 5-6 nice size pieces. big enough that I didnt need tweezers. Lots of color in that bag!! it was 1.5 kilo bag for around $35 and change. and the response was great, I got my order in about 5 bus. days.
Good luck

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

RetRmy said:
sorry to hear about your dissapointment. I bought for the very first time from Goldfeverprospecting.com and was very very happy with the concentrates. before I put them through a screen, I dried everything by putting it on a cookie sheet and let it set overnight under our woodburning stove. the next day I was able to pick out about 5-6 nice size pieces. big enough that I didnt need tweezers. Lots of color in that bag!! it was 1.5 kilo bag for around $35 and change. and the response was great, I got my order in about 5 bus. days.
Good luck

I buy from them too. So far I have been very happy with them.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

cocrh said:
Ordered an item in early Oct. First email was told it was not in stock. Should be in that week. After that no contact after at least 8 emails and phone calls. Charged my credit card right away though. Emails and phone calls totally ignored!! >:(

Others have PM'd me from that sites forum with similar issues. BBB says they have an unsatisfactory rating. BUYER BEWARE!!

Had to finally just dispute the charge with my credit card company today after no communication from Doug Springfield who is the owner of prospectorstore.com

is it possible that the replies to your e-mail are getting sent to some sort of junk folder on your computer? that has happened to me before but admittedly, im a computer dummy! i hope you get the stuff you ordered. :)

OP
OP
C

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007

I left him voice mails too after no reply tp emals in Dec. Those never were returned either. I finally did get it in March 08 : ??? ??? ???. I promptly replied with an email and told him to send a shipping label to return it as I already charged back on my credit card. Of course no reply. So I called him again and finally he answered. Tried to say something about email server problems. Told him he didn't answer his voice mail either and he shut up. Just a lame excuse. Still no return shipping label :icon_scratch: What a loser!! I had bought the item at a local shop in Jan. so really don't need two ;D No way I am paying for shipping back something I told him had been charged back and to cancel my order a zillion times. If he wants it he can send me a label which he agreed to do on the phone.

digrdug

Jun 4, 2008
Dawsonville,GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270

This what you would call mining the miners.With todays technology a response should be easy,with all the cell phone jerkers out on the roads.It is just lame to not respond to a message or a email.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ

I pretty much never say a bad word about other dealers, online or off, but stories like this give us all a bad name and it really ticks me off. I want customers to feel as comfortable buying from websites like mine as they are from the shop down the road and any bad experience with an online dealer goes against that goal. To charge a customer for an out-of-stock item in October and ship the order in March is absurd!

Call it a difference of philosophy, but we don't even let customers add out-of-stock items to their shopping carts, let alone buy them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread