What's new

dont know what its for

updigger

Greenie
Joined
Feb 19, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0210.webp
 
Upvote 0
Its a smasher or a pounder that's for sure.....mjm
 
Wouldn't want to get hit in the head (or anywhere else with that)! Is the side opposite the flat side sharpened? Can't tell in the pic. Beauty, though. How big?
 
I have seen some creeks that had a LOT of stones like that and they were made by seasonal water flow carrying pebbles/grit. Is the shaft of it triangular??? If so the leading thin edge would point upstream. Wish I had pics, gave them away. The ones I found last were from the Genessee River in NY
 
Welcome to the site, can we see more pics of your piece and clearer?
 
Yeah-- I agree. need another pic or so to really see. Looks like a maul, but it could just be natural as Tom said. Yak
 
see how it looks different in the middle than on each side?...that suggests it may be natural, it is not a completely uncommon shape to find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom