What's new

dont ya hate throwing coins like this back into the wild?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't ya hate throwing coins like this back into the wild?

I know I see a million 1976's but this one is almost AU shape........I think I will keep it, hard to throw it back it is almost mint shape

and this 1959 penny is about BU red. Just don't see em like this very often
 

Attachments

  • 1976.webp
    1976.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 444
  • 1959.webp
    1959.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0
Re: don't ya hate throwing coins like this back into the wild?

Yeah I've got a little pile of coins that I don't "need" but hate to set free. Except for 1995P JFK. I've begun to hate those more than 76ers.
 
Re: don't ya hate throwing coins like this back into the wild?

Sure keep em. They're not making em anymore like that. Besides you can always just put a book together and sell it for a tiny profit.
 
Re: don't ya hate throwing coins like this back into the wild?

i would hold them for awhile and see what happens :thumbsup:
 
Re: don't ya hate throwing coins like this back into the wild?

You say it's 'almost AU.' So what grade would you give it? An EF? It only appears to have a few bag marks on it to me. Still I wouldn't keep it...but looks to be MS.
 
Re: don't ya hate throwing coins like this back into the wild?

You absolutely need to hold that cent!
More and more people are collecting Lincoln Memorial Cents. That one grades AU 50 at least.
The half with the big gouge on the reverse is an easy return to circulation. With damage like that a an XF is about as good as it gets for that coin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom