What's new

Door knocking turned into a Bottle Day

46Wheat

Silver Member
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
3,357
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said earlier I did a little door knocking today and scored some silver that I bought from the homeowner . When I actually got outside to do some detecting I found that the yard had been filled in and all I found was a few clad. Nothing to exciting at all . While I was walking the back of the property I noticed what looked like a old bottle under the roots of a fallen tree . Well my detecting day turned into a bottle and licence plate day . Found two NYS liscence plates . One from 1936 and a second from 1939 with a marking on the top from the 1939 NY Worlds Fair.

ForumRunner_20150918_174039.webp



ForumRunner_20150918_174109.webp
And also a few cool old bottles . A Foleys Honey and Tar medicine . Dosent that sound yummy....

ForumRunner_20150918_174425.webp
A couple of smooth sided medicines and a olive bottle

ForumRunner_20150918_175022.webp

A mason jar seal and a perfume bottle with a sterling silver lid


ForumRunner_20150918_174823.webp
And what looks like a beer or soda bottle from the Curtice Brothers Co Preservers ....Rochester NY.


ForumRunner_20150918_174927.webp
Not much in the dug coin dept today but alot of cool goodies for the day
 
Upvote 20
Nice old bottles.
 
Wow, that turned out to be a treasure filled day. I like that 1939 Worlds Fair Plate.
 
Love me some old bottles. Pretty cool the cap was sterling too. KUTGW!
 
Did some google magic and found out the Curtice Brothers bottle is actually a early ketchup bottle
 
You turned lemons into lemonade. :thumbsup: Way to take advantage of the situation, bought some silvers, dug some clad, and them pulled some nice vintage glass. WTG 46W!!!
 
What an interesting day. And you weren't skunked on the treasure.
 
Bringing home some nice glass is a good day I'd say, leave the purple ones in the sun and after a few years take a look back on this picture they'll darken up really nice.
 
HEY THERE WHEAT NOW YOU DONE TURNED INTO A BOTTLE FINDER , NEAT !!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom