Dothan MDers Take note of this....l

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dothan MD'ers Take note of this....l

Thomas P Terrys Treasure Atlas sez " $29,000.00 in gold coin is believed to be buried near the Old KING Farm near Enterprise." Thats all it says. My atlas was published in 1985, probably took him 10 years to publish it... I don't know what years it might have been known as the Old Kings Farm.... If any of you think you know where this Kings farm is , I've got 2 DEEP Seeking PI MDs and other good stuff. Let me know and I'll come see you and we can look for it.
Also in 1864 3 men buried the valuables from all the Townfolk of Newton, north west of Dothan before the Yankees led by Joesph Sanders raided the Town, Many were killed, including the 3 men who buried the loot.....

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Re: Dothan MD'ers Take note of this....l

Tis is what I have on stuff to look for close to me

In December 1864, when word was received that Colonel Joseph Sanders and his army of bandits, misfits, and deserters was on its way to attack the village of Newton in Dale County, three of the town's leading citizens were selected to bury the box of gold coins "in the courthouse" which constituted the public treasury. Sanders attacked and was repulsed by the vigilant Newtonians, reportedly with only four fatalities being sustained by the townsfolk. Unfortunately, three of the four were the very ones who had hidden the box of gold, and the public treasury was never recovered

recoiljunky

Jun 10, 2007
Dothan, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Re: Dothan MD'ers Take note of this....l

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have much to add except that if you get serious about hunting it, let me know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread