What's new

Double BIG SILVER Weekend

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a very nice couple of days hunting.

Friday:
I set off early in the morning with Smittyman. We hit a couple of the local small towns, without much success. As we were preparing to leave an especially distressed property, the Deus let out really nice tone, I was certain that it was a can bottom or some other piece of trash, but to my surprise the hole had a '43 Walker in it, the coin is in really nice shape and has a bit of "toning" on it!

Saturday:
I met up with Todd Lipe and Smittyman in the morning. We hunted a house built in the 1930s, and everyone found silver... however, the Deus found more than the etrac and CTX combined... that's odd, huh. I was lucky enough to locate an '03 Barber half, '34 quarter, '43 Merc and a '45 OD Nickel.

We went and hit a local school afterwards, and I was rewarded with a "Kiddiegem" sterling ring. I understand that these were popular prizes on the carnival circuit prior to the 1950s. I also found a gold heart with diamond chip, marked 925 on the back, so I assume it is gold plate over silver... right? I also found a couple of marbles, junk ring and some wheat.

Two half dollars in two days is about as good as I have ever done, especially in the South.

YTD silver coins: 74

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20151122_150143.webp
    IMG_20151122_150143.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20151122_144916_019-1.webp
    IMG_20151122_144916_019-1.webp
    453.7 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20151122_144939_249-1 (003).webp
    IMG_20151122_144939_249-1 (003).webp
    509.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20151121_110014_551-1.webp
    IMG_20151121_110014_551-1.webp
    570.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20151121_132810_552-1.webp
    IMG_20151121_132810_552-1.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20151122_144736_706-1.webp
    IMG_20151122_144736_706-1.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 191
  • uncas55kiddiegem.webp
    uncas55kiddiegem.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Upvote 100
love the walker !!that ring is a beauty too !!
 
Wow good job on the great weekend tom, your year to date silver count is awesome, nice work!
 
That's one sweet day, I'm loving that ring!
 
Congrats, Awesome finds!! :occasion14: what a nice couple of days... way to go
 
Where you and Silver Klan hitting next?
 
Congrats on 2 great hunts Tom. Man you have a killer silver total for the year. One Walker and a Barber half in a weekend and I am still looking for my 1st of both. Thanks for letting me know that there are still some out there. Sorry for the late post, hope you had a family and friend filled turkey day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom