What's new

Double buffalo day at the casino

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Days where I find 2 buffalo nickels are pretty rare. In fact, today is only the third time it's happened and it sure is sweet! After searching about $100 from the slots I found a 1937 first (Fine condition) and one with a worn-off date, so I went to the Nic-a-Date and was I surprised! [red]1913-S Type-1[/red], a new first for my all-time collection! My first clue was the entire "Five Cents" area was worn off the reverse. While that can happen on the "line type" too, it's much more common on the raised ground type. Had to use Nic-a-Date twice to make out the faint S but it's there.

Stopped at the bank for some biz and bought $10 in small dollar coins (I've been neglecting these) and $2.50 in halves from the teller's tray. Got a 1977-S proof half and my first Andrew Jackson $1. Funny thing is, right after I bought the stuff, she moved her tray out of sight into a drawer. Guess she didn't want to be bugged by CRHers anymore!
 
Upvote 0
Very nice find. I found a dateless type 1 buffalo earlier this year that I have not taken the nic-a-date to yet, but I can easily tell from the ground on the reverse that it is a type 1.
 
question....when you see say a silver dime or two in the tellers tray....how doyou go about getting it? do you say "can i have that dime.....19th from the top :icon_scratch: or do you just ask for enough dimes(or whatever) to make sure you get that one?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom