What's new

✅ SOLVED Double Dilemma - More Unknowns from an Indian War Site

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,912
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only thing worse than finding an item and not knowing what it is, is finding two identical unknown items. These were found at a site occupied late 1860s/early 1870s. They are1 1/2 inches in diameter and 3/8" thick. Appears to be brass, but could be copper.
 

Attachments

  • 20210919_173343.webp
    20210919_173343.webp
    223.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 20210919_173400.webp
    20210919_173400.webp
    358.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210919_173439.webp
    20210919_173439.webp
    184.1 KB · Views: 94
I want to say they are furniture hardware, but I can't remember what. Of course, I could be totally wrong, too.
 
Upvote 0
Hasn't something similar been IDed as the ferrule/end cap or something from a scythe or sickle?

Thanks, Mike! I know there was cavalry at this site so obviously they had to put up grass for the winter so that makes sense. BTW, I'm retired AF, also.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom