Double Silver Day at Lake Tahoe

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been a while since I have metal detected, but usually on my vacations is when I do the most. Took the Tesoro Tiger Shark:metaldetector: out to Pope Beach in Lake Tahoe, CA. Pretty clean beach and I found my first 35% silver war nickel, a 1945-S, and a .925 silver ring. Other notable finds were my first half dollar, a 1990 JFK, and a US NAVY SIGNAL HAND FIRED MK80 MOD 2 which seems to be some kind of survival pen-type flare. The pictures shown are my finds up to 8.4.2015, I haven't been out much this year. Top left is all trash, below is clad, pop tops to donate, and notable finds, and right is a close up on the .925 silver ring.

Attachments

• METAL DETECT_up_to_8.4.2015.JPG
    METAL DETECT_up_to_8.4.2015.JPG
    438.6 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 11
Nice pile of finds. Silver always turns any hunt into a great hunt.

Congrats.

that's a lot of digging!, good job on the silver too!

Thanks guys! Waiting for the day I pop out some gold :goldbar: !

Nice hunt and silvers!!

You need to find time and get out more often. Lol

I know huh! Got a cpl prospects i got my eye on

Nice ring and war nickel. (OD)

Love seeing the finds from Tahoe! So many of our lakes are way low!!

Nice silver ring and war nickel! Congrats! That key just below the ring looks different.
I see I'm not the only one getting tent stakes.

Detecting is my sanity saver, I usually get out once a week, I wish I could MD more.

It's a good thing to save up your trash and take pics of it, you never know when it may come in handy to show people you are providing a public service as you pursue your hobby. It has benefits.

They ought to put you on the pay role for cleaning up the site. You did dig quite a lot of targets. Sweet silver ring, and who doesn't like to dig a war nickle, Oh I know who.... I believe he is known as OD :laughing7:

Holy :censored: that's a lot of digging

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back