Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a tough day at the shopping mall, most of the day, Gak! The kids start school in another week so it was school supplies and clothes on the agenda. Made it through the day and had about 15 minutes of daylight left to make it to the field, made sure I had my 15 LED miners lamp packed. Started to rain on the way to the field just a few minutes from the house. Oh well, it will be a wet hunt. This is the first night hunt I have done in a long time, was able to get in about 1.5 hours before I was soaked. Detected a fresh cut grass field close to an old farmhouse long gone and where I have found my oldest coins in this town. Here’s the finds, a 1938 coin, a lead seal with the words “Bayer Salz (Salt)” and a worn silver coin, looks like an early 1800s silver, very small.
1Sept07relicsO.jpg

Reverse of the coins and lead seal.
1Sept07relicsR.jpg

Obverse of an 1894 Aluminum Austrian coin in nice condition.
1Sept071894O.jpg

Reverse of the 1894.
1Sept071894R.jpg

Obverse of a small 1722 silver 1 Kreuzer coin from King Maximilian of Bavaria. It was my first target just 15’ from the car and I had little hope for this field as I have pounded the area.
1Sept071722O.jpg

Reverse of the 1722. I had a nice hunt in spite of the conditions! HH, Mike
1Sept071722R.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeap - great day.

Aluminum Coin - one of the best I have seen from the ground.

I went out with the misses today, looking forward to tomorrow's hunt.

Cool Mike ,I found a little silver coin just like that one in Mainz about a year ago.If you find out any info on it that would be great. Great digs and sorry you got caught up in that shopping . I hate to go shopping with the wife it turns into an all day affair. :-\

Great finds Mike! I'm starting to wonder if you ever sleep. I don't know which of your detectors your using but I think its stuck on silver mode:D
HH my friend

Desertfox

Mike,
Fantastic finds! A 1722 coin is just amazing to me. I got excited yesterday finding an 1898. ;D Way to go, and thanks for the great pictures.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back