What's new

double stamped button backmark?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody ever seen a button with a backmark stamped over another one? These are up for bids as part of a lot on e-bay and while I am not really interested in them I was curious about the back marks. Both have Extra Quality stamped over another mark that I am unable to read.
 

Attachments

  • s-l1600a.webp
    s-l1600a.webp
    219.2 KB · Views: 73
  • s-l1600.webp
    s-l1600.webp
    330.5 KB · Views: 88
My first thought was the back portion was a part of button makers inventory that another company had bought and then reused it. :icon_scratch:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Maybe I should try to pick these up because they seem to be pretty hard to come by.
 
Upvote 0
I know they are Navy Medic buttons but does anyone have an idea on age?
 
Upvote 0
I know they are Navy Medic buttons but does anyone have an idea on age?

Based on the type of manufacture, I'm thinking late-19th to early-20thc. :icon_scratch:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
I made an offer of $5.00 for these buttons and 24 more, total of 28 and got a counter offer of $6.00+ $4.06 shipping so I bought them. It won't be the first $10.00 I have blown!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom