Down the tracks

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I hunted the railroad tracks down the street from me. Not much there unless you like rusty rail spikes. I wonder if there is a market for that. Walked back home and searched my front yard which I haven't completely scanned yet and found about 80 cents. Still was getting more hits but it was getting hot so I decided to save the rest for another slow day.

Upvote 0

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
I have never had much luck around railroad tracks either. But if you could find where they camped while they were building the tracks, I bet you would find a goldmine. Take care...Lance

SparklyStuff

Jul 14, 2005
I know how it goes with the spikes. Northeast Hunter is right about finding where old depots are/were. Hopefull they're not paved over in your neck of the woods.

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
I'm a old railroader..... STAY AWAY FROM THE TRACKS !!!!! and tell your children to dont even go near them.
~Kansas~

rolfecat

Jul 22, 2005
Denver, CO
I've searched a few railroad places and mostly I have found a lot of discarded metalic junk, broken parts, old wire, rusty nails, pieces of track, very little of any value. However, I'm not giving up and am getting ready to search the site of an old railroad station which, in the early 1900's, was the transportation for rural citizens to visit the city on the weekends. (As I was advised: I'm doing my pre-detecting research!)

-Rolfecat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread