Dowsing graves

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Two bear
Anyone ever done any dowsing on graves? I love to do this and have become quiet good at it.
I dowsed a map for a lady who was trying to find her Great Grandfathers grave....I went to the site and found it...She was happy.....I did a map for a gentleman who put an arrow in a deer during a rain storm...He could not follow it...He found it ...Art

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, no. Can't say I've ever dowsed.

OP
OP
T

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I like your cat and its name. If you ever have the interest, try to dowse. It is awesome.

OP
OP
T

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art, I like your story. Here in east TN there are so many lost graves its scary. I hear local stories of dowsers finding lost graves for loved ones and I hope to be able to do this for someone one day. I have a church nearby with a cemetery on a hill with a long bending curve at the bottom and it has become dangerous for people trying to pull onto the road. The county says that they don't want to disturb the hill and grade it due to the graves that might be in it. I think I will dowse the area really well and see if I can locate any graves and hopefully convince them its ok or verify their suspicions. I have almost bit the dust trying to pull out there myself so I could possibly be helping myself and others.

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two bear here is a cemetery for you to get some more practice if you want. it has a small sign on road that easy to miss .

35°47'3.61"N 83°12'10.35"W road to cemetery

35°46'41.69"N 83°11'57.40"W cemetery

this is just outside of cosby

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've marked both GE maps and photos which turned out to be a grave or cemetery.

Once a person who we later found out lived in Iran where metal detectors are illegal. He had to instead of metal detecting, go to the sites (marked on GE maps) and take a whole bunch of camera photos. I marked a spot on a pic as a gold treasure. With a backhoe to dig, up came a long white stone cylindrical container and human bones underneath it. Since digging for stuff isn't really allowed either, some people were coming so, the stuff got quickly covered up and left there.....never did find out if he ever went back later. I don't approve of grave looting, leave that for the "Arkies" it is their job.

Another time I'd marked a green X for archaeological, which turned out to be an Indian mound.

Last edited:

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Well...I found 2 graves site on Priv. Land , both land owners said.. Keep what you find!! I think, they knew what was going to happen..
I found a few item's on both sites,, 2 days later.. alot of strange stuff was happen in the House.. ALL items went BACK where I dug them,,!!!
both land owners,, saw me place the items back.. both said; did strange things happen,, , I have some great relic's and coins I found here in FL..
dated back to 1471 nothing!!! but twice on a grave site's things move all over the house.
Ya'll have fun the grave sites!!!!!!!

OP
OP
T

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sapper 23,
I like the story. Don't believe in taking from graves, I just like to go to the old cemeteries and see if I can find ones without a headstone or the "lost ones". I also like to check the sex of the grave and verify it with the headstone. Speaking of crazy things in the house, my house produces all kinds of paranormal activity. Maybe its the civil war or native relics. My wife seems to think so.LOL

OP
OP
T

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I like to hike and camp in the Smokies near Cosby so this isn't too far away, may an hours drive. There are a lot of old cemeteries in the park.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I had an experience once, when someone asked me to dowse a close up GE map of a couple properties on a bay. What I wasn't told until later (after map dowsing the site) that an engineer of the archaeological team which opened King Tut's tomb used to live at the spot..

The story describes how 2 trunks were dumped off the pier, believed to have artifacts from King Tut's tomb. I told him there are remains of an old pier not visible and only parts of it on the bottom are left. Then I kept getting a shipwreck around where dowsing indicated the old pier remains. He stopped at the village to ask the old timers about the story. One older man who lived there at the time it happened. said the woman of that house is who dumped the 2 trunks of stuff off the pier. The house is gone, a ship wrecked at the spot where the pier used to be, nothing is left, it is a property with no buildings on it.

I suppose nobody would want to build on a property with King Tut artifacts in the water, when you least expected it, one of them could wash up on the beach. Hardly anyone ever thinks of sunken ships as a type of grave either, but people sunk also on many of them.

Last edited:

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
two bear,

Ya' it was very strange.... but some-what cool.. the crazy part of all this.... NOW.. all the my relic's moving!!!
something told me, NOT to take anything!!!.. always listen....
ya'll take care

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread