What's new

Dowsing interest

Guadtx22

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victoria Tx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am intrigued by dowsing and wondering what can be learned from ya'll regarding this photo. I have detected sporadically but nothing major to show for it. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • image-1985875760.webp
    image-1985875760.webp
    87.3 KB · Views: 133
Another
 

Attachments

  • image-91483485.webp
    image-91483485.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 136
The red circle areas should be the better places to check metal detecting. Here is from my file, general definition for these types of marked spots.

Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.
Green line boxes in general for various other targets, mostly archaeological such as old ruins or foundations but especially non-metallic objects like flint arrowheads, bottles, pottery, and carved stone markers.
 

Attachments

  • image-91483485-Guadtx22.webp
    image-91483485-Guadtx22.webp
    122 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1985875760-Guadtx22.webp
    image-1985875760-Guadtx22.webp
    119.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Thank you for your response. I'm excited to get out and see what I find. In the first photo towards the top there are various piles of bricks to hint that something used to be there, old structure or possible old brick kilns in an old river bottom.
 
"In the first photo towards the top there are various piles of bricks to hint that something used to be there"

That could explain all the light green line rectangles for archaeological signals. Did you mean the 1st map you posted or of my posted maps? Looks like both have plenty of them, but your 1st one they are in the upper 2/3 portion.
 

Attachments

  • image-1985875760-Guadtx22B.webp
    image-1985875760-Guadtx22B.webp
    75 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
The first one I posted. Upper right 2 squares very near them.
 
This is the original first picture but zoomed
In and turned 90*. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • image-4280823738.webp
    image-4280823738.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 137
The zoomed in and turned 90* map.
 

Attachments

  • image-4280823738-Guadtx22.webp
    image-4280823738-Guadtx22.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 116
Thank you RD. Not sure when I'll find time to get over there, but I'll let you know what I come up with. Thanks again.
 
A gold/silver only search, can reduce the number of targets, sometimes locate new or missed signals....except where placer gold is a problem. Blue for silver, orange gold signals.
 

Attachments

  • image-4280823738-G_S- Guadtx22.webp
    image-4280823738-G_S- Guadtx22.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1985875760-G_S- Guadtx22.webp
    image-1985875760-G_S- Guadtx22.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 140
  • image-91483485-G_S- Guadtx22.webp
    image-91483485-G_S- Guadtx22.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 122
Thanks RD. It's amazing what can be done these days.
 
I'm gonna try my hand at it tomorrow if
It's not raining. Any chance you can dowse this pic of my property. Thanks RD. Ever dowsed in TX?
 

Attachments

  • image-1685308888.webp
    image-1685308888.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 127
No doubt, you already metal detected your own property a lot. Sometimes rocks can be in the way or brush, even trash will mask signals. Orange circles shallower gold (down to 1-2 ft), blue silver, red coins/artifacts of value.

I've used L-rods in Arizona and New Mexico before, but not Texas. If you mean map dowsing, yes plenty of times.
 

Attachments

  • image-1685308888-Guadtx22.webp
    image-1685308888-Guadtx22.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 146
Okie, thanks a lot. This is zoomed in of said area.
 

Attachments

  • image-1083707915.webp
    image-1083707915.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 127
How is that sometimes ya'll can determine what type of material is holding a cache? And sometimes not?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom