Dowsing Rod to Detect Humans - Fails Test

J

JBlack

A dowsing rod, concocted and advertised as being able to detect humans, fails to score better than random chance.

The entire article describing the test and the outcome is available at:

http://www.sandia.gov/LabNews/LN04-24-98/detector_story.html

Excerpts:

"...Although the empirical test was the core of the Sandia analysis, the Sandia team also briefly examined the DKL product literature about the advertised physics behind its operation. The product literature says the instrument antenna detects the electrical field generated by the beating human heart, but the Sandian team found the idea put forth for that process "clearly wrong."

The Sandians also point out that the heart beats at a rate of 1.2 to 2.0 hertz and the wavelength of two hertz is 93,150 miles. "The 15-inch antenna on the LifeGuard is entirely inadequate for receiving signals of that wavelength," they report.

Our evaluation of the DKL LifeGuard, although brief, leads us to conclude that the device performs no better than random chance. Although we only had time to evaluate the device with one test operator, that test operator was from the DKL organization, was selected by the manufacturer to perform that evaluation, and spent considerable time trying to use the device to the best of his ability. Thus, we conclude that no other test operator would be able to establish a better performance of the instrument except by chance.... "

OP
OP
J

JBlack

Dell Winders said:
JBlack, was the DKL battery operated, and was it expensive?? If thje answer is Yes to either of those questions,? you are iblatantly ignoring TNET's rules for this forum, and showing disrespect for your fellow? participants.? Dell

READ MY LIPS!​

If the battery was connected, the DKL contraption utilized dowsing, to get a response

If the battery was disconnected, the DKL contraption utilized dowsing, to get a response.

Since it utilized dowsing it was probably worth about a dollar in actual value.

Hence, I'm following the rules, since it is dowsing related, and inexpensive.

(Did you take your medicine today?)

OP
OP
J

JBlack

Dell Winders said:
READ MY LIPS!? JBlack
On a text forum? That is stupid.? Dell

You are a laugh riot. ;D

If the battery was connected, the DKL contraption utilized dowsing, to get a response

If the battery was disconnected, the DKL contraption utilized dowsing, to get a response.

Since it utilized dowsing it was probably worth about a dollar in actual value.

Hence, I'm following the rules, since it is dowsing related, and inexpensive.​

OP
OP
J

JBlack

Dell Winders said:
JBlack, You mean you have been raising all this stupid fuss, bashing? and complaining for years that folks are getting rich quick providing consumers with inexpensive L products that you say cost $1. You call that "Wallet Mining" fraudlent, and Scam Artists.

You really are one confused, demented, sicko. Just be honest. Admit that you are misconstruing? Marc's rules, delete your BS rationalizing, and join the discussions on Dowsing, according to the rules as they are stated. Get Real!? ?Dell

Huh?​

Are you trying to come on as a blithering idiot, or is that all just part of the LRL scam artist routine you've patented for several years?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The product literature says the instrument antenna detects the electrical field generated by the beating human heart, but the Sandian team found the idea put forth for that process "clearly wrong."

The Sandians also point out that the heart beats at a rate of 1.2 to 2.0 hertz and the wavelength of two hertz is 93,150 miles. "The 15-inch antenna on the LifeGuard is entirely inadequate for receiving signals of that wavelength," they report.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A) A years study in the Naval electonic school gives me just enough knowledge to ask, haven't they ever heard of harmonic reception? Sheesh!

Jose de La Mancha ( I tilt windmills )

OP
OP
J

JBlack

RealdeTayopa said:
The product literature says the instrument antenna detects the electrical field generated by the beating human heart, but the Sandian team found the idea put forth for that process "clearly wrong."

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A) A? years study in the Naval electonic school gives me just enough knowledge to ask, haven't they? ever heard of harmonic reception?? Sheesh!

Jose de La Mancha? ( I tilt windmills )

The people at DKL that developed the dowsing rod, SAID that it was picking up the wavelength of a beating heart. They didn't say it was picking up a harmonic of that wavelength!

In your years study did you also learn that harmonics are of a lesser magnitude than the prime frequency? Would you care to hazard a guess at how strong that harmonic would have to be to cause physical rotation of a dowsing rod? AND, more importantly, if you are going to say that the DKL dowsing rod is responding to harmonics... then consider ALL the harmonics there would be that could cause the dowsing rod to turn (if that's how it worked).

SHEESH!

ps: I leave windmills alone... they work just fine in their original positions.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The people at DKL that developed the dowsing rod, SAID that it was picking up the wavelength of a beating heart.? They didn't say it was picking up a harmonic of that wavelength!?

In your years study did you also learn that harmonics are of a lesser magnitude than the prime frequency?? Would you care to hazard a guess at how strong that harmonic would have to be to cause physical rotation of a dowsing rod?? ?AND, more importantly, if you are going to say that the DKL dowsing rod is responding to harmonics... then consider ALL the harmonics there would be that could cause the dowsing rod to turn (if that's how it worked).

SHEESH!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A)? ?I missed your post's reference to a dowsing rod, only that the "device" would pick up? the frequency, which is quite possible with the proper tuning.?

So? qualified appol. are in order.

But, since dowsing "has" worked for me, I will not concede that point? no matter how much scientific (?) proof you may offer?

Jose de La Mancha? ( I tilt windmills)? - or erroneously conceived ideas- your side/view naturally? heheheh

p.s. some day I will have post the results of a series of telepathy experiments in which I had? a one way contact.? I could send but she couldn't.?

Was going to be my thesis in premed, but her black leather jacketed boy friend - IQ of perhaps 80 - made her stop.? He suspected hanky panky in the closed room, sigh, and here I am a bonefide Saint. You do agree no? Black.

Z

ZumbroKid

It appears when mentioning the wavelenghts of the human heart beat, that it was tested on living subjects. I believe there should be a test conducted on missing persons who are believe to be dead. This if it works would greatly help law enforcement. What are others thoughts on this?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Umm, would the machine work at all attempting to find humans that aren't putting off any kind of wavelengths from a beating heart? Exactly what is the purpose of the machine? To find humans obviously, but living or dead? And if both, what would it use to detect dead bodies?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread