Dowsing rods or witching rods

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't even got started yet. The title of this thread maybe should be "Divining rods or witching rods". Many people say there is your sacred energy involved here. You can try this: Rub the palms of your hands together (keep them flat together) for one minute. Now seperate your hands and slowly bring them back almost together but do not let them tough. Move them close about an inch apart then apart several inches a few times and try to feel something there. Some can feel a pressure or maybe a cool breezy feeling. This is the dowsing energy.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna design the indicator, picture a handheld box with 5 (?) colored indicator lights
from ROCK no light, to NARCISIST/SKEPTIC blinking orange, to DOWSER/DEVOUT genuine green
where to connect the input wires?

Here is what I usually use, notice no lights, no wire connections. :laughing7:

Dousing Wires.jpg

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone provide experiments/studies/videos that credibly demonstrate the accuracy and repeatability of dowsing?

An experiment was performed by Chadwick & Jensen (Utah State, 1971) that appeared to be pretty decently designed and showed some semblance of positive results. Unfortunately it was never followed up on to see if the results were repeatable, caused by other factors, or if the test had flaws.

Betz in Germany did a test on a huge number of dowsers (>500) and reported positive results in a published paper. In a subsequent review of his data it was found he cherry-picked the data and, in reality, the results were statistically random. However, Betz then took his "best dowser" Hans Schroder and traveled around different countries successfully dowsing water wells, and wrote a paper on this as well. But that is all anecdotal. I believe someone offered to scientifically test Schroder and he declined.

Is anyone aware of any ships, lost hoards or lost mines found that have been credibly found by dowsing alone?

This is where the rubber meets the road. One of the galleries in the British Museum is full of treasure hoards. The vast majority of the placards read "Found by Metal Detectorist." Since British law requires hoards to be reported and most are purchased by the State, and because so many hoards have been found there, it stands to reason that this would be an excellent opportunity for dowsing to prove itself. Yet none of the hoards in the British Museum are claimed to be located via dowsing. Some years ago I wrote the British Museum and inquired about that. The curator who responded admitted that he rather believed in dowsing, but knew of no cases where a hoard had been located by dowsing.

The same scenario seems to be repeated everywhere. Metal detectorists find a boatload of stuff (sometimes literally). Even random accidental discoveries yield quite a bit of treasure (recall the California couple who literally stumbled over buried gold coins). Dowsers don't seem to find much at all. Less so than accidental discoveries. Not a very good affirmation of dowsing.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't even got started yet. The title of this thread maybe should be "Divining rods or witching rods". Many people say there is your sacred energy involved here. You can try this: Rub the palms of your hands together (keep them flat together) for one minute. Now seperate your hands and slowly bring them back almost together but do not let them tough. Move them close about an inch apart then apart several inches a few times and try to feel something there. Some can feel a pressure or maybe a cool breezy feeling. This is the dowsing energy.

What? That's a classic martial arts chi exercise. It's been explained medically as a neural phantom sensation.

And sacred? It's considered witchcraft by the church.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things change. Used to be many priests were dowsers and some very good ones.

I don't recall what happened, but I remember something about people using dowsing in a court of law to decide if the person was guilt or not. Of course, that is not dowsing but most people confuse things.

I can say this much, what I do has absolutely nothing to do with witchcraft of evil intents any more than using a metal detector does.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
CORRECT, it IS! Done it myself!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Don't tell that to the Remote Viewing program Stargate. Yes, the program was supposedly cancelled but there was a lot of money spent there. Somebody had to be convinced it worked before spending that kind of money.

Just a note here: There is a big difference in accuracy and reliability between dowsing and the misnomer "map dowsing" which like remote viewing is a psychic phenomena.
Wasn't cancelled; CIA took it over; how Saddam was found, in his "rat-hole".

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most all, if not all, testimonials in this thread found the items by dowsing in a known, confined location where the Pipes, cables, water and lost jewelry were all known to be either buried or lost. Looking out my window towards the barn, i can see the well pumphouse. I can easily ascertain the approximate route of the buried pipes to the house and the buried pipe to the milk house and to the barn and could likely hit them in a random try or two. I have buried electrical running from the barn electrical panel, to the machine shed about 75 yards away, that too, just by logical examination of the panel locations in each, i can determine the path of the electrical cable in the ground and could likely hit it with simple intuition.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? That's a classic martial arts chi exercise. It's been explained medically as a neural phantom sensation.

And sacred? It's considered witchcraft by the church.

If it works for you, use it. If it doesn't then shelve it for when you learn more.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And LRL'ers are going to LRL. Kind of a shame the LRL name got such bad press, but's it's true many/most are a big rip-off, not much more than a dowsing rod. I blame the greedy people who sell them, not the concept. The frequency-driven devices have the best chances, but even these many of them are the hand-held electronics and that is not how it works. Gotta set the transmitter on the ground and wait five minutes before using an L-rod to find the signal line to0 the target. If it has a swivel handle it's going to take years to learn to train your mind if you want any chance, most never learn to use that type. But it can be done. I spend a few years messing with the rods. When I finally built an MFD (frequency driven) I never went back to pure dowsing.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using a frequency generator i can feel the line to the target without even using L-rods. I hold my arms out and walk across the signal line. It's like once I am standing on the line there is some force holding me there. I can lean forward and backwards and it kinda holds me right there.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda reminds me of standing in the middle of a dust devil. It pushes me back and forth but won't let me fall over. Of course quite a bit more subtle (It doesn't actually push one way or the other) but I can feel it.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thread. I enjoy the contrast of thoughts by the two sides of this discussion. After reading all 8 pages I have a statement to make and a question. I believe, to a point, that dowsing is mans attempt to "tool up" his own conciousness. We all have a sense of our awareness and fears and desires. Consciousness is a compelling part of our existence. I believe that I experience consciousness daily. My question is, can consciousness be measured scientifically? I imagine that most scientists would acknowledge their own ability to feel it. Can it be measured in a meaningful way? Can consciousness be proved?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thread. I enjoy the contrast of thoughts by the two sides of this discussion. After reading all 8 pages I have a statement to make and a question. I believe, to a point, that dowsing is mans attempt to "tool up" his own conciousness. We all have a sense of our awareness and fears and desires. Consciousness is a compelling part of our existence. I believe that I experience consciousness daily. My question is, can consciousness be measured scientifically? I imagine that most scientists would acknowledge their own ability to feel it. Can it be measured in a meaningful way? Can consciousness be proved?

Great contribution when you actually pause to think about it.
Appreciate the civil nature.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't laugh at it, but knew two guys who claimed this ability. The first guy used two welding rods bent at right angles and actually plotted out some water lines. The second guy, I needed to dig a trench, and there was a line of sight from the wellhouse on down the way to the water outlet, so I had a good idea, but he witched that line and missed it by 6 inches so I cut the water line. I never had experience with people witching for treasure. Another interesting thing, I have heard of people who go to old cemetaries, walk around barefoot over the ground, and claim to locate forgotten graves.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Sorta; SCIENCE have readings on "Consciousness" leaving the body at the moment of death; read it years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread