Dowsing

joya_dorado

Feb 13, 2005
San Marcos, TX
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Maybe this is a can of worms but I am curious so I'll ask anyways. Have any of you had positive experiences (as in actually finding something) by dowsing, map dowsing, using dowsing in combination with conventional metal detecting or anything of the sort?
Let me relate two instances where dowsing worked that I personally experienced. I took a handfull of 1 ounce gold coins, put them in a small box and hid them in tall grass at the base of a tree on 10 acres of land I own. I challenged my prospecting partner, who seemed to have a talent for dowsing, to find the coins, just for fun. Well, he map dowsed a plat of the property, walked to within 30 feet of where the coins were, whipped out a couple of L-rods and walked directly to the gold. Whole process took 20 minutes.

Same individual map dowsed a region of Central Texas for gold/silver/loot and was "drawn" to a particular hill. Through conventional research we found an old mine on the same hill. Coincidence? I think not. In fact these two incidents convinced me that certain individuals do have this gift, though I seemto lack it for the most part.

It seems to me that as unpredictable as dowsing may be, there IS something to it. It also seems that dowsers may be doing one or more things simultaneously. They may be extraordinarly sensitive of gradients in the ambient electromagnetic or gravimetric fields of the earth (like human metal detectors or gravitometers) and/or they may be accessing information that is stored somehow, non-locally, in the matrix of the universe itself. I know this all seems so "out there" but I'll entertain any notion, without necessarily accepting that notion, in the pursuit of knowledge/treasure/health, etc.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
The only question I have about dowsing is, if it actually works, why aren't there a lot more rich people with dowsing rods ??

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I am not sure if dowsing works for detecting metal as I haven't seen it done. But what I am sure of is that I am on the city council for a small town and we had some water witchers come out to locate the best water source for some new wells the city was planning on drilling. He located two sources. We drilled both of these and now we have two water wells that supply over 100 gals/min each.
We are also in the process of hiring another individual that claims to be able to locate unmarked graves. Hopefully this will work.
I used to be skeptical of this practice but having seen it done with water I fully believe that it can be done with coins/gold.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
gold fish said:
The only question I have about dowsing is, if it actually works, why aren't there a lot more rich people with dowsing rods ??

;D

I've never been a dowsing proponent myself, but I can't completely discount some of the skills involved while people "dowse." Mostly, I believe the basis of dowsing is simple observation. For instance, in the example below, with the gold coins and the tall grass, I'd have to know how many trees were actaully in the search area for starters. Was this the only one? Secondly, if the tall grass was tall enough, then a path of some proportions would be left by the person doing the hiding. Perhaps these was dew on the grass or some of it got trampled down while hiding the coins.

In the second example, with the old mine in the hill, again we'd have to know how many hills were in that area and how many of them were mined. Also, did the mine actually produce gold or silver? Did you find gold/silver at that spot yourself?

OP
OP
joya_dorado

joya_dorado

Feb 13, 2005
San Marcos, TX
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Utility and phone company employees who regulary need to locate buried cables often use L-rods. I can do it myself and have located many a buried pipe and cable sucessfully. Locating anything of value though is a different story, at least for me.

OP
OP
joya_dorado

joya_dorado

Feb 13, 2005
San Marcos, TX
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
AF773- No trails in the grass/ dew had nothing to do with it. He narrowed down 10 acres to about 900 square feet first via map dowsing. Regarding the mine... it was worked by the Spaniards for decades so they got SOMETHING out of it, no doubt. Is the gold or silver still there? Don't know. Any other mines in the area? Several miles away yes but this is not a typical mining area. We're still exploring the property so we'll see if any loot is in or around said hill.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
joya_dorado said:
AF773- No trails in the grass/ dew had nothing to do with it. He narrowed down 10 acres to about 900 square feet first via map dowsing. Regarding the mine... it was worked by the Spaniards for decades so they got SOMETHING out of it, no doubt. Is the gold or silver still there? Don't know. Any other mines in the area? Several miles away yes but this is not a typical mining area. We're still exploring the property so we'll see if any loot is in or around said hill.
Keep us updated!

Miner49er

May 16, 2007
After practicing and studying dowsing for nearly 35 years, I would like to offer some of my observations. The use of an instrument (any instrument) to obtain information goes back thousands of years. The instrument is only an indicator, and is NOT imbued with any power of it’s own. The information received by the individual using the instrument(s) comes from a level of the mind higher than the subconscious. (notice that I did not say brain) However, the subconscious sends a signal to the brain, which causes an ideomotor effect to subtlety move muscles that move the instrument in response to questions. The questions must be formed in such a manner that the answers will only be forthcoming from the past. Dowsing will not predict the future.
I will limit this to treasure hunting, prospecting, or searching for known targets. If a target is buried ANYWHERE by someone who is still alive, a good dowser will find that target, without visual clues (as some would suggest) An unknown, large buried treasure is another story. I have never found ANYONE who can prove that dowsing has found any of these large unknown lost treasures. Mineral deposits can be found, as witnessed by oil and water locations, and Spanish mines supposedly found with dip needles.
Dowsing does work, but has limitations and can be affected by many things. I would urge one to try dowsing themselves before condemning those who are using the practice successfully.
Bill

OP
OP
joya_dorado

joya_dorado

Feb 13, 2005
San Marcos, TX
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Good post Miner49er. regarding the Dip Needles... I have seen one that a White's dealer found on ebay and it looks to me no different than a primitive metal detector. No special skills needed. It's simply a magnetic compass device turned on edge so the needle will dip toward any large ferrous metal deposit and deposits containing both iron ore and non-ferrous metals. Smart little fellers them Spaniards.

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Dowsing is what you make of it, I have seen it done in the Military in the late 80's
to present, I have found coins dated back to the 1600's by dowsing a map. with dowsing, you have to have an open mind! to me. between the military, and what I have done, and seen others. I believe it does work.

OP
OP
joya_dorado

joya_dorado

Feb 13, 2005
San Marcos, TX
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
There's certainly no doubt in my mind it works... What baffles me is how strongly divided people seem to be on the subject. On the one side you have folks who either know how to do it or who have direct experience seeing it work and the general sentiment is 'Hey this cool, maybe it might help me locate some loot" while in the other camp you have the "debunkers" who loudly proclaim it all to be pure nonsense and your IQ would have to be in the single digits for you to believe in such a thing. Funny thing is modern physicists fully accept the notion that the universe at the quatum level behaves in ways that make dowsing seem mundane. There certainly appears to be an implicate order to the universe that allows for things like quantum tunneling, non-local particle entanglement and a host of other "spooky" phenomenon. Is it so hard to believe that human conciousness, for which we have no real explaination, might somehow be able to tap into this hidden order of what appears to be a holographic universe?

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Wow, joya, forget dowsing, we should start a theoretical physics thread.

Mmmmmm...........physics...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread