My first trip to this forum, where are the pics of all the finds?

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I was open minded to dowsing, and when I seen this forum I thought I would be seeing picks of jars with gold and silver coins, spanish gold bars and things like that. Where are all the treasures? Dowsing should be much easier than metal detecting for items like caches both new and old. You don't have to put your coil over the item, you can get signals from miles away. Very dissapointing, I will go back to the metal detecting forums were I see pics of real and valuable treasures being found constantly. I thought I would see cool proof by way of genuine finds, now I am convinced dowsing for treasures is not real. As my mother said, "excuses never yield results" Thanks

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Those threads don't tell me much at all. Dowsers should have the edge over metal detectorists, yet the metal detecting section has amazing finds every day, including caches and Spanish treasure. The proof is in the pudding. When I see many repeated documented successes every day or even weekly I will rethink my opinion. I really am disappointed. My grandfather said he believed in dowsing so I have always thought it would work. Instead this forum has proven pretty decisively it is just a lot of bs. I was hoping, I had great expectations.

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
BF750 said:
Art, how's it going.... Don't waste time, it's not worth it.

My first trip to this forum, where are the pics of all the finds

Make it your last.....

BF750

Make it my last? Everyone is not welcome to the forum? Why so threatened by honest inquiry that you threaten me?

Everything I have said is sincere, and the fact that it is so threatening to people to be asked for proof usually shows that proof is not to be found. But maybe anyone who has real dowsing powers is so rich they don't waste their time here, and that is why there aren't hundreds of pics of fabulous finds. Maybe dowsing is real, but nobody on tnet has the ability to the point of consistent big finds. I guess I will keep an open mind that somewhere someone may have the real power.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture this!! In the last three days I located a meteorite strewn field. There are five meteorites in a one mile stretch. The biggest and front one about 18in. round is 12 ft. deep. The second one 4tenths of a mile away from the first is about 12in. round and five feet deep. And the last three finishing up the mile,one softball size , and one hardball size, and the last in line one about 100 grams, these about 15 ft down. I'm in Northern Arizona and was on Bull Pen road, which connects 260 to Hwy 17 near Sedona. Heaviest fall further ahead than smaller, and the depth difference is due to errosion difference, some are on the side of a hill and some are on a plateau. I used a pick to dig for the second one at five ft. deep. There was four inches of top soil, then 8 inches Coliche, then I hit extreamly hard clay and filled my hole and left. While looking around at canyon and wash walls I can see that they must have come in while there was an ocean here, and sat there many years to accumulate maybe 8ft. of ocean sediment hardpacked even. There probably in perfect condition, but to deep and to hard to get, I'll just move on to the next. True story! Feel free to go metal detect and get them. Here's one more clue, There closer to 260 than 17, ok one more, three are on the S side of the road and two are on the North. If your heading west on Bullpen from 260 just before the first left curve. Dowser

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
utah hunter said:
BF750 said:

Make it your last.....

BF750

Make it my last? Everyone is not welcome to the forum? Why so threatened by honest inquiry that you threaten me?

Everything I have said is sincere, and the fact that it is so threatening to people to be asked for proof usually shows that proof is not to be found. But maybe anyone who has real dowsing powers is so rich they don't waste their time here, and that is why there aren't hundreds of pics of fabulous finds. Maybe dowsing is real, but nobody on tnet has the ability to the point of consistent big finds. I guess I will keep an open mind that somewhere someone may have the real power.

Yes you are welcome utah hunter.

Next time someone suggests you your not,
Hit the REPORT TO MODERATOR button bottom
right of their post.
I'll make them Unwelcome ;)

Hopefully it was just a matter of using the Wrong words.

JEFF

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
jeff of pa said:
utah hunter said:
BF750 said:

Make it your last.....

BF750

Yes you are welcome utah hunter.

Next time someone suggests you your not,
Hit the REPORT TO MODERATOR button bottom
right of their post.
I'll make them Unwelcome ;)

Hopefully it was just a matter of using the Wrong words.

JEFF

Well unfortunately Jeff, if he can say what he feels, that means I have the same "RIGHT".

BF750

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a little bit too Strong BF

I'm aware there are alot of Doubters
who go overboard also,
But I didn't see a direct attack on you.

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Thanks Jeff. I didn't think my post would cause such a negative reaction. If you ask a metal detectorist to prove the finds that can be made, as many people have asked of me, the proof is very easy to give. I thought it was a fair question. I would love nothing more than to have my doubts removed, I consider myself very open minded. I honestly came to the forum hoping to see some great dowsing finds, and invite a successful dowser to Utah on my dime to go to 2 very specific treasure leads I have gotten through research where there is a lot of gold involved. To search even an acre metal detecting is hard enough, but to search 500 to 1000 acres is almost impossible. I thought if dowsing would narrow it down to even the size of a football field I could easily do the rest with my 2 box detector. I came to the forum after going to one of the sites, when I realized a dowser would be invaluable. I will still try and find the gold myself, but it is a large area. Maybe the work will pay off...Ryan

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ryan,
I hope that after what has transpired here that you still have a desire to learn about dowsing or would like to find a dowser(s) to work with you on your sites.
Utah is a very attractive state with lots of potential for every type of tr. hunting.
I'm certain that there is a dowsing club in your area and someone there to help you out and be trusting enough to show you something they found. A lot of dowsers combine the use of dowsing and metal detecting to increase their success and save time in hunting. I've also learned that when there are dowsers involved with a project,there is more success than if there was no dowser.You might also find pics of recovered treasure from people who use MFD's. They are transmitter units, but the operator walks around with the rods in hand awaiting the dowsing response as the end product, so in my way of thinking,this is an electronically enhanced form of dowsing.
I think a lot of people on the dowsing forum are on here to share thoughts about techniques and have never thought of posting pictures of finds,maybe there are some who don't have any finds yet and are just getting their feet wet with it....I'm sure there are people who have found something nice out there with a dowsing instrument, I'm one of them and I'm comfortable in letting people see what I've found, I'm also comfortable in letting people know that there have been times that there was failure.When you incorporate the human factor with something as abstract as dowsing,there is going to be a greater learning curve to success than using just a metal detector on it's own, the dowsing rods don't come with an "automatic everything" button!
My pictures of some of my finds are on film and if I wanted to post them I would need to convert them to get them on here.
I believe that there are not as many caches as there are single coins out there.
If a dowser is hunting for caches, it's not the same as hunting old schoolyards or park. If any of the steps in the sequence of a cache hunt is missed,you might as well just stayed home and dug a hole on your own property.
Each person picks up the dowsing instrument for a different reason...some take up the disipline to develop better concentration, some take it up to find out ways to better themselves personally. I think you have an interest in it. Even though the instruments can lead you to a nice treasure, I've always loved the instruments more than the desire to become monetarily wealthy from them, and the satisfaction from that is priceless.
I think your Grandpa was on to something by believing that dowsing works...would'nt you love to pick up where he left off?
Jon

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
teleprospector said:
Hello Ryan,
I hope that after what has transpired here that you still have a desire to learn about dowsing or would like to find a dowser(s) to work with you on your sites.
Utah is a very attractive state with lots of potential for every type of tr. hunting.
I'm certain that there is a dowsing club in your area and someone there to help you out and be trusting enough to show you something they found. A lot of dowsers combine the use of dowsing and metal detecting to increase their success and save time in hunting. I've also learned that when there are dowsers involved with a project,there is more success than if there was no dowser.You might also find pics of recovered treasure from people who use MFD's. They are transmitter units, but the operator walks around with the rods in hand awaiting the dowsing response as the end product, so in my way of thinking,this is an electronically enhanced form of dowsing.
I think a lot of people on the dowsing forum are on here to share thoughts about techniques and have never thought of posting pictures of finds,maybe there are some who don't have any finds yet and are just getting their feet wet with it....I'm sure there are people who have found something nice out there with a dowsing instrument, I'm one of them and I'm comfortable in letting people see what I've found, I'm also comfortable in letting people know that there have been times that there was failure.When you incorporate the human factor with something as abstract as dowsing,there is going to be a greater learning curve to success than using just a metal detector on it's own, the dowsing rods don't come with an "automatic everything" button!
My pictures of some of my finds are on film and if I wanted to post them I would need to convert them to get them on here.
I believe that there are not as many caches as there are single coins out there.
If a dowser is hunting for caches, it's not the same as hunting old schoolyards or park. If any of the steps in the sequence of a cache hunt is missed,you might as well just stayed home and dug a hole on your own property.
Each person picks up the dowsing instrument for a different reason...some take up the disipline to develop better concentration, some take it up to find out ways to better themselves personally. I think you have an interest in it. Even though the instruments can lead you to a nice treasure, I've always loved the instruments more than the desire to become monetarily wealthy from them, and the satisfaction from that is priceless.
I think your Grandpa was on to something by believing that dowsing works...would'nt you love to pick up where he left off?
Jon

I would love to pick up where he left off, he is the one that told me about the spanish treasure site I am seeking, and his information came from a native american he had befriended. The same information later came from another source also to further substantiate the presence of the cache. Oh, and did I forget to mention that my brother and I used a dowsing rod from a company, that has been around since the 70's, to look for the cache 10 years ago? Did I also mention it worked for my brother but not me? Did I also mention it led us to a specific outcropping of rock? Did I mention that last weekend I couldn't find that specific outcropping of rock again, but I know within about 1/4 mile where it was at? Unfortunately my younger brother that was with me died unexpectedly at the age of 30 back in 2001, so he can't help me find it.

See why I was dissapointed with the lack of finds? I told you I was sincere in my desires, I am not in the forum to bait people or pick fights, that is not my style. I believed at the time it was working, but after looking at the forum I am worried it was just wishful thinking.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't offended at all, and I hope I didn't offend anybody, I was just writing facts about the last few days. With dowsing it is easier to find larger objects, they signal better. I wouldn't read a single gold coin unless I was within 20 ft. from it, so there wasn't any where I've looked so far. I don't have any pictures for you to see yet, wish I had. The gold bar treasure, supposedly hidden in Rogers Lake, Flagstaff, Az. I believe is there, but like a few others I might have located, they can't be dug or claimed by nobody. If I did sneak and dig them up, I wouldn't post any pictures, even though I would like to. I will post if I locate a keepable treasure. I'm still working on that! I have located many gold ore veins, but all microscopic gold, no nugget or free gold yet. I should file claim on a few of them, but much is involved in working one. Pictures wouldn't show much. L-rod dowsing for treasure isn't spiritual, just pure science. I've mastered it in four years. Any of you that are ever in my neighborhood, Camp Verde, Arizona, that want to learn how easy it is, or would like to see how I find Minerals/Elements and are looking for that dowsing proof, I will show for free. Dowser

oldbill

Mar 25, 2006
Dell, I don't believe that Marc, limits telling and showing what you have found, only limitations is not trying to drum up sales of products. I would say feel free to show your finds and just say found dowsing because that how you would have found them! Bill

Marc, if i am wrong tell me to shut up!!!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Won't Speak for Marc

But I personally would Not delete any Pics of "Finds While Dowsing".

I'm sure I would get complaints if someone named
a Commercial Device they used to dowse,
mainly because these devices can't be as easily proven
as a metal detector can.

BUT if anyone is in fear of being attacked or Called Liars
for posting their Finds. It is Not allowed.
and

Why I think Dowsing works

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?board=219.0

would be the Perfect spot.

as non believers cannot even question your post in there.

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Dell Winders said:
UTAH HUNTER,

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=14075.0

Some of us use commercial MFD locators in conjunction with our Map & Photo Dowsing which some also consider as Dowsing because they utilize Rods which can also be used for Dowsing, and we have made some nice finds.

Please read the Dowsing forum rules which do not permit the posting of finds when electronics are used, or if the tools are commercially sold.

Second, there are hundreds of Metal detector users posting their finds on TNET, but only 3 or 4 experienced Dowsers, so it is only logical there would be many more finds posted on the MD forums.

Third, most experienced Treasure Dowsers are involved in searching for large, deep buried, and unknown Treasures. For obvious reasons, there is a good chance you won't even learn about their finds until years later, if at all.

No one is here to convince you to believe that Dowsing works quite well for some of us. You have to experience the results of your own efforts to believe that Dowsing can be an invaluable, time & money saving tool for Treasure Hunting.

There are a lot of factors to understand. Please don't have the expectation that Dowsing is as simple as puting an X on the ground, digging down and getting rich. It is more likened to a research, information gathering tool to help determine probability.

I wish you the best of success on your present venture. Dell
jeff of pa said:
I Won't Speak for Marc

But I personally would Not delete any Pics of "Finds While Dowsing".

I'm sure I would get complaints if someone named
a Commercial Device they used to dowse,
mainly because these devices can't be as easily proven
as a metal detector can.

BUT if anyone is in fear of being attacked or Called Liars
for posting their Finds. It is Not allowed.
and

Why I think Dowsing works

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?board=219.0

would be the Perfect spot.

as non believers cannot even question your post in there.

Dell, there is the OK from Jeff, just say they were found dowsing. Please post finds in this thread if you feel comfortable doing so. If not Please post in the pro-dowsing forum and let me know it has been posted. If you are not comfortable doing that you can e-mail me the pics, I would love to see them. Thanks...Ryan

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders said:
Bill, my intentions for posting on TNET has never been to drum up sales. I am continously back ordered from one to five months ahead. I don't have time for any more business.

But yes, displaying my finds would be Free advertising. So, let's leave things the way they are so Marc, doesn't receive flak from his paid advertisers, and the Skeptic group.

I will not be dishonest and say I found Treasure by Dowsing. Some of what I have found by Dowsing has already been posted. Dell
here is one http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,77078.msg720282.html#msg720282

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
jeff of pa said:
Dell Winders said:
Bill, my intentions for posting on TNET has never been to drum up sales. I am continously back ordered from one to five months ahead. I don't have time for any more business.

But yes, displaying my finds would be Free advertising. So, let's leave things the way they are so Marc, doesn't receive flak from his paid advertisers, and the Skeptic group.

I will not be dishonest and say I found Treasure by Dowsing. Some of what I have found by Dowsing has already been posted. Dell
here is one http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,77078.msg720282.html#msg720282

Jeff, you continue to amaze me! How you come up with posts that fast boggles my mind. I think you may have a slight interest in dowsing yourself, probably at the same stage I am at. I pride myself on being open minded, but I still need to have my level of proof met. Who knows, maybe one day I will be out dowsing here in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. At least I know the scenery will be a treasure ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe in Psychic abilities.

And that Dowsing tools when Believed in,
can help those Psychic abilities work better.

My father Believed in it working for Coal & Water.

I personally have never tried anything except Ouija,
back in the 90's.
but that didn't work for me.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Sorry, but I am lazy. I like to treasure Hunt the fastest and easiest way I know. Within 30 minutes the deep buried Iron locations were located, marked with a stake, and the area scanned with the OKM Rover C. Dell

Hey Dell....I don't think it is being lazy to use all and any tool you have to locate what you are looking for....I have alway's been told that "time" is money and find that to be one of the truths about life...Art

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
If dowsing is not working for you I can almost guarantee your skepticism and 'in your face' attitude towards those who have made it work is not helping your abilities to dowse.

Playing the Eddie Hascal routine afterwards does not help your cause either. Dowsing is very attuned to you and YOUR negative attitudes, doubts, skepticisms, etc. and NO you can't sweet talk, outsmart, or 'trick' a dowsing devise into working for you either.

Dowsing is based on a lot of trust in ones self, and well... faith in it basically. If your mentality starting out is that it's BS, you have already sealed your fate and closed off your mind to any chances of making it work. The instant gratification mentality does not help either, it takes a lot of practice and honing of ones skills to become proficient. Semantics and smooth words won't help either.

Do you believe in god?, you do? fine, you are a liar, PROVE to ME that he EXISTS, I wan't some solid proof, not some wishy washy feely touchy BS that is spewed by the 'god believers'. I want proof and I want it now now now!!!!!

It's kind of the same thing there, you are questioning someones core beliefs and well, faith. If that post above pissed you off, telling someone they are full of BS for believing in dowsing may have a similar affect on them. Demanding a solid 'proof' of god, a tangible proof is no more going to make god appear in front of me saying; "you called" than demanding tangible proof of dowsing is going to make a genie or whatever you conjure up in your mind appear either.

Some things there is no tangible proof, they can't show you a machine, or electronics and say, this is it. Sometimes one has to push the I believe button. Even if they did show you 'finds' would you believe it, or just call them liars, and faking it? This is not a confrontational question, but one for you to dig deep into your soul and see how you'd really answer. That answer is the difference between night and day if you would be sucessful at dowsing or not. Will you be truthful to yourself, or lie to yourself to convince yourself of the answer you 'want' to believe?

One thing I will say though, dowsing is NOT for everyone. If you don't believe in it, that's fine, not everyone does, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for some people. Prove that it doesn't? You can't prove it doesn't work, anymore than some can prove it does work.

To be honest, I sincerely doubt you will ever be able to dowse effectively unless you change your entire mindset. That, is also very unlikely to happen. Dowsing, is very much like religion, or politics. No matter how hard I try to make you change your god to another god, or your 'choice' of politician to the other side, nope, your mind is made up, your feet are dug in and it's just aint gonna happen.

Why don't the dowsers 'brag up' all their finds. Because they don't feel the need to. They are confident in their skills, have the loot to show for it, and generally the ones I have met, are quite high in self esteem. They do not feel a need to 'prove' anything to anyone. Their attitudes are along the lines of; " If you believe fine, if you don't, well that's fine too". They really could care less what you believe and to be honest, don't want your negativity around them to throw them off.

Dowsing is also a personal thing, kind of a bonding. When you goto bed at night, and your soul is troubled, and you have a silent prayer to your god of choice, do you go and brag to all your buddies the next day, on your 'chat with the big man' ... no it's private, it's a private bond for you and you only... this is not a very good example but kind of hits what I am trying to say.

Good luck in your ventures, and if you wish to have any success with dowsing, you are going to have to open your mind up, and instead of a 'PROVE IT' to me attitude, try a ' can you show me' attitude... yes that little change can make a profound difference,both in your abilities to accept what is being shown to you, and the chances someone might take the time to show you properly ;)

Aaron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread