What's new

Draped Bust With Excellent Detail From a Site Called "Copper Hill"

Evolution

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
5,285
Reaction score
2,483
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this year my hunting buddy (FatTony315) and I hit a site that we've hunted in the past. We ended up hunting an area pretty far away from the foundation that was set up on a hill. In a stunning example of originality and deep thought we named the site "Copper Hill". We're thinking it must have been a garden or something similar because Tony got 3 large cents and a half cent there this April. We decided to hit it again and I was able to pull one more large copper and a nice dandy button from the same area. Turned out to be a very nice 1803 draped bust large cent.

DSCN1204.webp DSCN1205.webp
DSCN1206.webp 20160724_151359_resized.webp
20160724_151431_resized.webp DSCN1210.webp
DSCN1211.webp 20160724_151505_resized.webp

DSCN1208.webp

Happy hunting. Thanks for looking.
 
Upvote 70
That is a killer LC! I'd soak it in some olive oil and watch it really stand tall. Great saves!
 
I like em both! Coin should clean up great!
 
Awesome finds :occasion14:
 
Awesome relic hunt! That old copper is in fantastic condition, congratulations!
 
Wow. Congrats. I have recently found the same button and cool part is it's a similar situation I have a 6 acre field in which my buddies and I have pulled out a dozen LCs from 1704-1806 and a crap load of buttons to boot.
 
Gorgeous coin and button! Nice hunt!

aj
 
Copper hill gives up another copper. Wish it had some friends today. Long, hot, wet day. Still good to get out. Congrats.
 
That's a good looking copper and dandy. That hook shaped piece is actually a bottle plug - latter part of the 19th Century.

Congrats
 
Very nice LC. That coin is in great shape. I agree with Wildwildbill. I soak all my coppers in olive oil for a week or so.
 
Congrats on the great finds!! That DBLC looks like she'll clean up really nice.

-- Jeff --
 
Incredible coin, very nice button
I would love to find a spot like that.
Congratulations
 
That's a good looking copper and dandy. That hook shaped piece is actually a bottle plug - latter part of the 19th Century.

Congrats
Thanks for the info Scrappy. I was wondering what that was when it came up.
 
A real American Beauty...great coin:thumbsup:
 
Wow thats a nice one congrats....:hello2:
 
Copper hill gives up another copper. Wish it had some friends today. Long, hot, wet day. Still good to get out. Congrats.
There might be a couple left up there but the detectors were really starting to get quiet toward the end of the hunt.
 
Simply fantastic coin. Still on my bucket list.
 
Very nice finds. That LC is really sweet!
 
Congrats on the Copper, love it when it comes up with that much detail.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom