What's new

DREAM BOX! It was like it was 1963! PICS!

jewelerdave

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
850
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well after last weeks end of week skunks 3 in a row and my first box this week it was kinda discouraging.

However, the second box right next to the skunk yeiled a bunch of 40s 21 or so

well that was ok, but I got one box on Wednesday and it had a few BU Bens in it, thats interesting.

well I went to the same bank different location because they said they would order a box for me for Friday and I picked it up.

I got to the car and poped the top and I see silver, Hey cool, oh look a ben, oh wow another 67, neat another 67 on top.
All together 8 rolls are showing silver on the top. SWEET!

well I go to and the first roll has a 40, second, third, forth has 2 and it keeps going, a couple rolls had nothing, but I just kept going Then I get to one roll and its part way open and LOADED with 40s
I take a pic and put it aside. I put the ben aside too, and the other showing silver rolls. (save the best for last)
next one yeilds yet another BU bed, then another, and anohter, and some more 40s, and more bens, then doubled up bens, and more doubled up 40s
WOW, all the bens are 63 and 63s All shiny and in there full glory!

I get down to opening the last rolls And most just have one 40 on the top, some had up to 3

I saved the showing ben for last, The top ben had some tarnish. but under it every few coins was yet another BU ben over and over and over all the way down!

So the days haul out of one box ended up being

46 40%ers
28 90% bright and shiny bens all 62s and 63s
A good day indeed!

Ht 2007 CRH Total: 10 18 07
War Nickels – 2
Buffalo Nicks - 1
V Nickel 1 (1899)
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 7
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 71
40% Kennedy - 567
Franklins - 52
Walkers - 11
Barber – 2 (1904, 1910s)
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves – 36
of witch are Silver Proofs 12

Ikes - 42​
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 510
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 495
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 489
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 496
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 486
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 480
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 498
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0
Yes Sir-
Real good box!
Great job on the 90%!!!
 
SWEET!!!!!!!!!

What area of CO are you in? I am in the Aurora area but have not seen any good boxes lately. Just a few in each. A few months ago it was better.
 
Thats because over the last few months I have been cleaning though about 4000 to 10000 in halves a week and dumping them back to the fed. When I fill up two or three fed bags in the same deposit its going to make some skunks and lower yeilds.

Dump at different banks and it fills up other fed bags, spend em to get other banks bags full from store deposits. All these things help to keep em moving and uping the odds.

I know what you mean though, Aurora sucks for CRH
 
Very nice box Dave. I have been very disappointed lately with the lack of 90's in ME boxes, I have need one '64 for 2 weeks to finish a roll haha. Glad someones gettin the 90's. HH Mark

COCRH, You should be ashamed, I was in Aurora a couple weeks ago and happened to go into a bank asking for halves. Teller said yea got $1000, she went to get the head teller and the head teller said they sent them back to the Fed a few days ago- 2 boxes been in the vault for 3 years and nobody wanted them but ME and I was a few days toooo late. I was so dispondent she sold me the $100 out of the counter and took my name and # for when there's more. No I'm not tellin which bank haha. Just gotta hunt for em, and don't be too late- that sucked. HH Mark
 
<<one box ended up being

46 40%ers
28 90% bright and shiny bens all 62s and 63s
A good day indeed!
>>

And Aurora sucks for CRH??

Man, you need to try Arizona! 16 boxes searched. 10 skunks. 4 with one lone solidary keeper. 1 with 2, and only ONE box out of 16 that had more than 2 keepers in it! (It was 11, which was nice, but still... compare that to yours.)

No, AUrora sounds pretty GOOD to me. My second BEST box had TWO keepers, so all the ones you have mentioned before sound awesome.

:-)
 
I have had so much better results from ordering boxes that I stick to that (well until you showed up :D). Less gas and hassle waiting in line asking for halves and such. My full time job really puts a crimp in the CRH and then there is family so don't have time to visit every bank and there are parts of Aurora I just don't go ;D

ME_CO said:
Very nice box Dave. I have been very disappointed lately with the lack of 90's in ME boxes, I have need one '64 for 2 weeks to finish a roll haha. Glad someones gettin the 90's. HH Mark

COCRH, You should be ashamed, I was in Aurora a couple weeks ago and happened to go into a bank asking for halves. Teller said yea got $1000, she went to get the head teller and the head teller said they sent them back to the Fed a few days ago- 2 boxes been in the vault for 3 years and nobody wanted them but ME and I was a few days toooo late. I was so dispondent she sold me the $100 out of the counter and took my name and # for when there's more. No I'm not tellin which bank haha. Just gotta hunt for em, and don't be too late- that sucked. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom