What's new

Dream box - private links added

buffhunter

Sr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
275
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
I have told a few of you of the "dream box" that my daughter and I picked up last year. I finally posted it on youtube for everyone to see.

To set the story up, we were getting several boxes from several banks. The daughter and I went thru several of the boxes from bank #1, and since she was going away on a Girl Scout Trip, I was going to go get the boxes from Bank #2 an go thru them while she was gone. on the third box, I was quite surprised, and decided to leave it for my daughter when she got home.

The following videos show her excitement on finding silver. Her favorite saying when she would find one is "GOT IT!. You can clearly hear her favorite saying when she goes to open the first roll. My wife, who very rarely gets involved in checking for silver, knew what was in store for my daughter and had to help. she was just as excited, and spills my daughters can of soda.

To be honest with you, it got monotonous for her finding so much silver and she got bored at the end. There was no "thrill of the hunt"

for all concerned, i went back and made the video private on youtube. Its not broadcast out to the whole world.

here are the private links:

[video=youtube;Zs1-j4rnKY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=Zs1-j4rnKY0&sharing_token=7efOU6-xu4SXDxwkOlbECQ[/video]

[video=youtube;bkD3tRLFpx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=bkD3tRLFpx4&sharing_token=onyFEVAvACjPf_Voz6Jk6w[/video]






 
Upvote 0
Re: Dream box

Man!!!!

What the he## is wrong with you?!!!!!!

Please remove that post as fast as you can. or you will never see a box like that again.

Plus when the banks start getting hit hard with people looking for halves we are all gonna have to pay new fees to stop the flood of treasure hunters hitting the banks after seeing that.

OK to show it here but Not on Youtube..

That's just suicide......

Mojo
 
Re: Dream box

And I thought the whole banner thing was a bad idea.

Silly me. :laughing7:

Jim
 
Re: Dream box

We are happy to see and hear about your great fortune and this is the right place to share it.

But seriously putting something like that on youtube is insane.

Why would you do that. watching the video it appears as though you are deep into the box searching and yet you broke the #1 rule of The CRH club?

Again please remove that from youtube?

Unleashing that information to the general public is going to cause problems for us all as well as the banks.

Many of us nurtured our situations at our banks and deal with them in a respectfull Tactfull manner as to not burden our banks or cause undo pressure or demands that they sell us Halves. When someone sees that video they are gonna think that you can just walk in plop down $500 and walk out with a dream box. Nowhere on your video do you talk about the proper way to deal with a purchase of coin from a bank or the pitfalls.


Mojo
 
Re: Dream box

Totally a fantastic hit, but 1 IN A MILLION. I have to agree with Mojo. You are making people think this is a n everyday thing!!! I just posted my first find in over a month and at least started by saying Finally. I was getting tired of looking and finding nothing but marked coins. We are happy for youbut I think you goofed by the Utube mistake. Overreaction always happens on that site.
 
Re: Dream box

any other way of posting the video on TNET other than youtube? no problem removing it, just wanted you guys to see it.
 
Re: Dream box

Buffhunter,
That's the score of the year. No doubt about it! It was great seeing your daughter get so excited about the hobbie. I'm sure that everyone will agree that you hit the ultimate 'Dream Box".
Congrats
rileyboy
 
Re: Dream box

Congrats, Buffhunter. What region of Florida are you from? No need to name your town, just what region. Southeast, Southwest, etc.
 
Re: Dream box

AMAZING SCORE! But please remove the video. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying it's like shooting yourself in the foot. Tnet should have it's own video sharing page....
 
Re: Dream box

Sickening. If only once in my life....

Congrats to you and your daughter.
 
Re: Dream box

Great video and even better memories with your daughter. That's one heck of a box!

I wouldn't worry about the bullies on the board... it is what it is.

coinmojo said:
Man!!!!

What the he## is wrong with you?!!!!!!

Please remove that post as fast as you can. or you will never see a box like that again.

Plus when the banks start getting hit hard with people looking for halves we are all gonna have to pay new fees to stop the flood of treasure hunters hitting the banks after seeing that.

OK to show it here but Not on Youtube..

That's just suicide......

Mojo

Posting it on Youtube will do far less damage to this hobby than people being down right greedy and going through 14 boxes a week on a regular basis. That's what is going to put an end to this venture for all of us... yet they continue to do this week after week and then have the ba!!s to blame someone for posting a video on Youtube.... simply amazing.

If everyone here wants to preserve the opportunity to keep doing this.... then knock it down to 1 or two boxes a week. Will you guys do this??..... I doubt it. Just don't pass the blame on to someone else. >:( Ordering 14 boxes a week is greedy. Imagine if we all did this.... how long would the opportunity to do this last??? Not long.

Again, congrats on the great box. Just goes to show you only need $500 in play to hit something like this.
 
Re: Dream box

Lovely story my friend but I am with the rest and stand by the fact that you need to take the vid off. This economy has tons of people looking for ways to protect themselves financially and they see this and will dive right in. Some guys on this board have lost jobs and use the silver to pay bills. I think that is why it is such a touchy issue. I hope our reactions don't leave a bad taste in your mouth. Great Amaizing Score.

golden silver
 
Re: Dream box

how do you watch it?
 
Re: Dream box

Congrats to your dream box! But the video was changed to "private" so I couldn't see your dream box. But how many silver coins in that box? Is this the box has 880 silver coins?
 
Re: Dream box

you should be able to just click on the video. i see that its still embedded here, but i made it private on youtube.

As for the Questions, out of $500, there was 952 total coins ($476.00) in silver, mostly 40%.

Diver_down - SE Fla
 
Re: Dream box

lookin4coins said:
Posting it on Youtube will do far less damage to this hobby than people being down right greedy and going through 14 boxes a week on a regular basis. That's what is going to put an end to this venture for all of us... yet they continue to do this week after week and then have the ba!!s to blame someone for posting a video on Youtube.... simply amazing.

Listen here!
I'm not a bully but a realist. I do order 14 boxes a week been doing it for 4 years, but I don't order 14 from 1 bank

The video guy clearly stated that hid did several boxes so I guess he's greedy too. And you can see the stack of empty boxes on the table. Don't think for a moment that this is the first time he's ever searched multiple boxes in a given week.

I do 2 or 4 at most from ea of several banks and also dump at several different. banks. All are fine with it because I treat them well and with respect. It took me years to get this system down and build solid relationships. My system causes the banks as little pain as possible. It works flawlessly. And I am consistent. Not to mention there are 1000's of banks in my area. I have banks calling me because in some instances I am saving them time and money when I buy up all the junk coin they have on hand. I am their go to guy when its time to move excess coinage. I go out of my way to keep all my business partners happy.

There are a lot of people who do it differently and can damage the system. I feel very fortunate to be able to do this but when I see people blasting things like this video on youtube I fear the flow will come to a screeching halt. Because Viewers of this video Won't know how to build a relationship with a bank.

I have been posting here for 2 years now and try to help newbies to the hobby offer advice and welcome them. This site is full of people willing to share their knowledge. But a video like that can be damaging to this hobby for all, old and new enthusiast, and just the kind of thing that will push banks over the edge if there is a rush from people clamoring to buy boxes of Half dollars filled with silver. They will put an end to it or charge ridiculous fees for this service.

I noticed that you have 14 post so your new to this site. So you don't know me and you are judging me based on one post out of the thousands that I have here.

I am keeping it real. You need to wake up. I have never posted a video on Youtube. Lets keep it here.

Mojo
 
Re: Dream box

buffhunter said:
you should be able to just click on the video. i see that its still embedded here, but i made it private on youtube.

As for the Questions, out of $500, there was 952 total coins ($476.00) in silver, mostly 40%.

Diver_down - SE Fla

Congrats, again. I was just noting your area along with the code on your Brinks box (R-1). Mine are (R-9).
 
Re: Dream box

buffhunter said:
To be honest with you, it got monotonous for her finding so much silver and she got bored

for all concerned, i went back and made the video private on youtube. Its not broadcast out to the whole world.

Thanks for listening to our humble appeal. I apologize for coming off rude.

I completely understand you enthusiasm to want to share. I do it myself. Most of us do. Because what joy is there in finding a Dream Box when you cant tell anyone. :dontknow: But here is the right place for just that where people can appreciate your find. And understand it.

Kids will get Bored as anyone would when they are overwhelmed with anything.

I too get my kids involved as much as possible. But for them it's not much fun anymore. The reason I suppose is whats in it for them. Do they reap any rewards from finding a box of silver coins....? I was able to hold my 9 yr old Daughters intrest for a short time by letting her have all the ones with a hole in it to put on a chain. well after about 4 or 5 of them she stopped asking for them and never really wants to help. My 6 yr old son still likes to rip the rolls but gives up after the 4th of 5th roll usually.

Got to find ways to keep it interesting for them by rewarding them I suppose, after all our reward is The Silver.

By the way. Awesome Box. That is truly a Quadruple Dream Box.


Mojo
 
Re: Dream box

Yinzi50 said:
Congrats to your dream box! But the video was changed to "private" so I couldn't see your dream box. But how many silver coins in that box? Is this the box has 880 silver coins?
No, thought he said there was 1166 in it; is that possible(?), I'm not sure I believe him.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom