What's new

Dream find?

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
947
Golden Thread
0
What is your dream find?



Mine would be a shaft straightener. I saw one in an antique store for $20.00 years ago. It was a mano on one side and a grooved straightener on the other. I just can't buy an artifact as it doesn't hold the same meaning to me so I walked. But ever since I saw it I find myself hoping with every mano that I find I hope the reverse side would be grooved. I found ten mano's this winter but all were just manos with no groove.
 
Upvote 0
Bulltongue Simpson.
 
A dream find for me would have to be a cache of intact Clovis points.
 
mine would be an Ellensburg blue point (any kind)...I have seen one...held one before. It is truly like holding a gemstone.
 
mine would be an Ellensburg blue point (any kind)...I have seen one...held one before. It is truly like holding a gemstone.

Yeah I hear yah! That material is beautiful.
 
I would love to find something in the Cody Culture family. A Folsom, Scotty, Alberta, Cody Knife, etc. Nothing even close like that in my area.
 
A mustache Simpson. It would be a dream because I don't think they exist.
 
My dream would be a big Clovis or hammerstone
 
a nice point or tool made of alibates....ok, a hell gap made of alibates
 
A perfect bannerstone .... Close as Iv come is half of one. ......but I'll settle for a Clovis too[emoji51]
 
A mustache Simpson. It would be a dream because I don't think they exist.

They exist! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488683026.750726.webp
 
I only dream to find good ones, and when I do its a dream come true :occasion14:
Those mustache simpsons are way cool!
 
I live in the area that the Cody-complex points are found and they are not always that easy to find. I personally would desire to find a complete Eden point. And of coarse an atypical Cody knife.
 
A well made cumberland or a Mississipian flint exotic like the duck river finds.
 
The list is long..Starting with anything Paleo and a intact ground slate bayonet...for starters....pendents and a fish hook...lol...mjm
 
A pop-eyed birdstone !
 
my dream find would be a super large diamond on a super large meteorite.:occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom