What's new

Dream find?

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
947
Golden Thread
0
What is your dream find?



Mine would be a shaft straightener. I saw one in an antique store for $20.00 years ago. It was a mano on one side and a grooved straightener on the other. I just can't buy an artifact as it doesn't hold the same meaning to me so I walked. But ever since I saw it I find myself hoping with every mano that I find I hope the reverse side would be grooved. I found ten mano's this winter but all were just manos with no groove.
 
Upvote 0
I would have to say a cache of Poverty Point stone effigy beads made of red jasper.
 
didn't you already find one?
 
my dream find is a cumberland of coarse it will be at least 5 inches long perfect and fluted all the way up
 
A dream find for me would be a beautiful g10 lost lake made of dover chert,or mill creek , thats sereated .
 
I have always wanted to find a complete Folsum. I at least have my chip. I would probably still be doing the happy dance. A complete pipe would be nice while I'm dreaming.
 
unclemac: If that question was for me, no I haven't found one yet. Every time I flip a mano I hope the other side is grooved.
 
Fun subject Jon! Of course a COMPLETE CUMBERLAND, and a complete bannerstone, I have parts and pieces of both.
 
A complete ( I have found MANY broken ) Knife blade over 3 inches that has high quality flaking, I don't care what type, any would be great, but I am partial to any paleo or pelican lake....
 
Something larger than 5 inches long thats a whole intact artifact. And of course nice in color. I find so many big thick broken chunks of things in the fields and wonder what they must of been like before the disc got them. Like these but whole.
 

Attachments

  • SDC12169.webp
    SDC12169.webp
    495.3 KB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom