Dream Penny Box... must read for pennies

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
(BACKSTORY) Done around 15 boxes of pennies by hand and have a nice little stash.
Normally i pull around 5-10 coppers from a roll, aprox 10-20%.. sometimes less, with one wheat per 10 rolls or so.

(NEW STORY)
Well, I recently got a box of pennies with clear plastic wrap and they are almost 100% copper, with about one wheat per roll.
THere are like 1 or two non coppers mixed in the lot. It's roll after roll of solid pre 1981's... could I have gotten someones collection?

No idea but this was a dream box. Around $23 in face value coppers, 50 cents in wheats, and a few dollars to buy some candy with !

DREAM BOX SCORE!

Upvote 0
My guess is that someone recently cashed in a big stash of change thats been sitting in a jar for 20+ years. Nice box.

SInce after half of the rolls or so kept turning out the same copper, and SINCE they were plastic wrapped and I could see the rest were the same, I just stashed the machine rolled rolls with my copper since they are for sure mostly copepr and contain wheats, I can just thin them when needed and they don't waste space with that dang toxic mineral zinc!

I just did my first penny box and i was the same way i think people are hurting so bad they are turning in every thing to survive. Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back