dredge im thinking of getting

bubb1981

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a friend that has a older 4" dredge that i want to get. but ive never seen one like this. so i was wondering if anyone has seen one like it and could tell me about it. i dont know the name on it.
f13fcfd0b1ea02e7410b1331246b89d3.jpg
b6ba19018fc1e4d4bab6ed096b97b623.jpg

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like it may be home made.

OP
OP
bubb1981

bubb1981

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I've never seen one like it. with yhat type of riffles in it

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How much are you snagging it for?
I may be on the low side to some, but if it runs and pumps air and water just fine I wouldn't be looking to spend more than a few hundred bux.
I would pretty much sum it up to the value of the T80, engine and pump and include nothing else on that reasoning.

OP
OP
bubb1981

bubb1981

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theres another motor and pump besides the one in the pic. im getting it for $300. i figured if i had to sell some stuff i would make my money back plus some.

OP
OP
bubb1981

bubb1981

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah ill look those names up and see what i can find. now if i get it can make it to where I can put pontoons on it?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yuk... Don't pay for the T80 unless it pumps air. The pump looks like an old P200 and the riffles are armor weave. Could be home made but I'm not sure. Feidler had some nice riffle sections and I've never seen an all armor weave riffle section before and would cut out half or more and do something else. I wouldn't pay $300 for what I see... If the motors run then that would be fine but Make Sure they run.

OP
OP
bubb1981

bubb1981

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok. yeah i talked to the guy last night and he said one moter needs tlc and the other is bran new. he even thinks its home made. then he tells me he has a 5" keene with no motor and no pontoons but the frame is there. what do you think its worth?

OP
OP
bubb1981

bubb1981

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6c954c3d59a84f2f76d3c0c7467d37c7.jpg
http://
this is kinda everything without the motors

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a old Spartan box circa 1970s-RIP Karl Von Mueller-as I have the original plans for their construction. The rest looks like a mismatched hunka junk. $50 Pass on it-John

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's worth telling him to stop trying to pawn his junk off on someone else and tell him to take it to the dump himself... Those hoses need to go to the dump and the rest looks like rusted crap...

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I agree with Reed and John, that hose (but not the hose alone) is a waste of your time and effort.

The Foot valve may not work properly any longer so pretty much the box and frame is what has value there and those are going to need reconditioning.

OP
OP
bubb1981

bubb1981

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree the hoses aren't any good. but i work for a belt and hose shop so thats not a problem for me to get new ones. im just worried about the sluices. cause I was thinking if i do get it i can turn them into a highbanker dredge.

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those riffles are in backwards. There is only one way to find out what is actually in the pile of stuff. Go see it in person.
A running honda engine is worth half what he's asking. The hoses, while dirty, may be usable but plan on getting new... soon.
To me it would be worth a gamble at $300 but I would try to get it for half that if at all possible.

I say go for it!

Vagadero

Dec 3, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(...) I was thinking if i do get it i can turn them into a high banker dredge.
No, running a such large sluice as a high banker is uneconomical at least for shovelling. Except if the labour force is cheaper than invest into an excavator.
Proline has a big high banker: http://www.prolinemining.com/dredge_highbanker_combo_big_banker.html
I wonder why they recommend their high banker for shovelling.

Many people like the big highbankers. However the truth any highbanker that needs 50 gallons of water/minute is enough for one or even two man operation. Such sized high banker sluice can process 1.5 cubic yards screened gravel. Much more than what an average weekend prospector can move.

I won't bet on that engine. You may sell it as parts.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the hoses you can see they are rotted by the dark brown rings that were white before sitting in the sun. Then because the sluice was stored that way with all of that junk onit, if the carpet is still in it then every winter it filled with water and rusted out the riffles. If he wanted me to haul it off for him for free, I would still really look at it first because I may ask him for the money needed to take it all to the dump.

Read this before buying - Prospectors Cache Forum - Viewing message

I mean°°°

°°°At one time it may have looked kinda like this°°°
ba26.jpeg

All pretty and ran great°°° But then°°°
°°°One day it looked like this°°°
Sunken treasure 004.jpg

°°°And before you know it°°°
sunkdredge.jpeg

You were writing children's stories about The Famous Lost Treasure of the Yellow Submarine :evil6:
Then you needed a pen name, but why stop there???

1435237327_kris-jenner-caitlyn-jenner-lg.jpg

°°°And Caitlen was born°°°
:evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread