- #1
Thread Owner
Has anyone ever seen, built or designed a dredge with a trommel somehow mounted to the frame? I've been picturing one in my head for a while now. I know weight would be a problem. But with a trommel classifying the material down you wouldn't need as large of a sluice.
Probably a stupid idea but I can't get it out of my head.
Probably a stupid idea but I can't get it out of my head.
the extra weight/movement of the trommel would affect/messup the operation of the dredge/sluice!

I'm assuming all the smaller stuff just keeps dropping down and the bigger stuff rolls off the top? I've always been interested in how they worked.. I've always thought they looked like material can go past the initial classification spot for the side sluices and end up flying out the middle sluice where im assuming most of the bigger rocks go :x. I'm off to search and educate myself.
But then again, im still learning.. a lot :x
so added a word to try and de-escalite blood pressure on this pressure cooker. Thanks Reed as haven't even seen a pic of one of those in many years.What a hoot cool-John










