118.1 KB · Views: 111
  • PDR_5901.JPG
    PDR_5901.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 126

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of when I bought my first car, an old 1978 Datsun B210 beater. Bought it from this middle aged man whose daughter had owned it, but had moved off to college. After I got it home and was checking it out, I noticed a hole in the back of the glove box. Reached in and pulled out a velvet bag containing her pot pipe :laughing7: No "contents" remaining, however.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats funny. I just got a new-to-me truck back in April and while I was doing a deep clean I found a nice green nugget in the glove box. I bought the truck in Tulsa, OK - glad I didn't get pulled over on the way back to TX. "I just bought this truck, it's not mine!" Wonder how many times they have heard that line.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your plan for the booze? I know ebay doesn't allow alcohol anymore, maybe CL? Or you could always drink it, that's a lot of fun for your money.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you found the pickers survival kit!

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your plan for the booze? I know ebay doesn't allow alcohol anymore, maybe CL? Or you could always drink it, that's a lot of fun for your money.
My GF and I will drink it , the bottle is a small sample bottle - a shot a piece .

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats funny. I just got a new-to-me truck back in April and while I was doing a deep clean I found a nice green nugget in the glove box. I bought the truck in Tulsa, OK - glad I didn't get pulled over on the way back to TX. "I just bought this truck, it's not mine!" Wonder how many times they have heard that line.

Working for a mechanic at night and in a body shop during the day for a few years. I have taken dashes apart and all kinds of "good" stuff comes out of heater vents or tucked away. Usually cars that were bought at auction and brought in for us to go over. Little bags of powder or whatever else gets shoved in heater vents when getting pulled over by cops....More than I would have thought before working at that place.....Money too! But that I've only seen one time and may have just been hidden by someone for emergency or travel, forgot about, then gets impounded, repo'd,..etc then ends up at auction.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working for a mechanic at night and in a body shop during the day for a few years. I have taken dashes apart and all kinds of "good" stuff comes out of heater vents or tucked away. Usually cars that were bought at auction and brought in for us to go over. Little bags of powder or whatever else gets shoved in heater vents when getting pulled over by cops....More than I would have thought before working at that place.....Money too! But that I've only seen one time and may have just been hidden by someone for emergency or travel, forgot about, then gets impounded, repo'd,..etc then ends up at auction.

I would've much rather found money but hey - finders can't be choosers. :laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the fly tying gear!!!! Was marveling at how high the prices have gone since I was learning! Look up the prices & you'll be happy dancing!! What ever you do don't just chuck the hackles! The ones I saw must've been lined with gold for what they were selling for.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a small trinket box w/contents - acupuncture needles & hydrocodone pills - 50 cents

Pravda Vodka tasting kit , bottle is sealed - $2.00

Orvis Fly tying kit , never used - $5.00

you might want to give the contents of Terry Solomans bedside table back...

Chub

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir, that Orvis fly tying kit is a steal, you have at least 75-100$ worth of equipment and Orvis is one of the top brands. Congrats on the score! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread