What's new

Dry sand hunt with my Whites PRL-1

JustKeepDigging

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
391
Reaction score
405
Golden Thread
1
Location
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I've had no luck finding my Sand Shark, I've been messing around on the dry. 2 day hunt, 3-4 hours. Threw all the junk away. Was really surprised on the condition of the 1941 mercury dime, first silver coin. I honestly thought it was fake! Must of been lost that same day. A little silver ring, marked Sterling, 1920 wheat penny, and some fake jewelry + gray matter. JKD
 

Attachments

  • image-3084384860.webp
    image-3084384860.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 199
  • image-2364204729.webp
    image-2364204729.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 198
  • image-4071172747.webp
    image-4071172747.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 174
  • image-3598107456.webp
    image-3598107456.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about the Sand Shark and that it hasn't been recovered yet. Your sad story doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about night hunting. Glad you were able to get out. You did well in the dry sand this time of year. I guess Florida beaches don't go empty of beach activity any time of year. HH, and stay safe. Blessings, Beach Papa
 
Sorry to hear about the Sand Shark and that it hasn't been recovered yet. Your sad story doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about night hunting. Glad you were able to get out. You did well in the dry sand this time of year. I guess Florida beaches don't go empty of beach activity any time of year. HH, and stay safe. Blessings, Beach Papa

Thanks!! I'm not going to stop looking till we find it! And yeah I feel like the beaches stay the same here in FL, at least in the dry.
 
Your Sand Shark got swiped as I recall? If this is indeed what happened and your ability to replace it is limited I will donate my Sand Shark to you for what it costs to ship. As a cop (RCMP-Canada)I hate to see people victimized and like to help where I can. The SS is my sons go to but he has a big heart and is good with the offer. Let me know. james
 
Last edited:
JKD, sorry that your SS is still in limbo; I sure hope that it is recovered for you to enjoy again.:icon_thumleft:

That is a very nice silver ring find; I love that color stone!

And the "merc" and wheatie are terrific old coin finds.

Keep 'em comin'!:headbang:

Lorraine
 
Your Sand Shark got swiped as I recall? If this is indeed what happened and your ability to replace it is limited I will donate my Sand Shark to you for what it costs to ship. As a cop (RCMP-Canada)I hate to see people victimized and like to help where I can. The SS is my sons go to but he has a big heart and is good with the offer. Let me know. james

When I read this , I was speechless. I don't even know how to react!! As much as I would love to have it, I'm not sure if I could take such a donation. What will your son use?! I rather not ruin hunting trips for you two. If I were to take it though, and they find my Sand Shark, Id surly send you it back on my expense. Honestly , I really have to think about this. Maybe I could raise a little money or something. I've already been putting away some tips that I can afford to put aside for my next detector. This is just to overwhelming !!
 
JKD, sorry that your SS is still in limbo; I sure hope that it is recovered for you to enjoy again.:icon_thumleft: That is a very nice silver ring find; I love that color stone! And the "merc" and wheatie are terrific old coin finds. Keep 'em comin'!:headbang: Lorraine
.

Thanks Lorraine!! :)
 
Watch your back side and Just keep Just Keep Digging on the Dry Sand.
Fresh drops are often in mint/new condition. Put in the effort, in a surprisingly short period of time,
You will find more than enough to buy a new PI, on your own!

Use this experience as an opportunity to be a better beach hunter.
The knowledge you gain will be invaluable when you get back to water hunting.

Psychologically, it is better to let the Sand Shark go, as the odds are that you will never see it returned.
I know that this is not easy to do, but it is best. The low lifes who stole it from you are the loosers.
This ordeal will only make you stronger. If the Sand Shark is returned; it will be a special thrill as it is not expected.

Above all Stand Tall and enjoy what you have!
No need to morn for what you lost, You are among friends.
 
Last edited:
When I read this , I was speechless. I don't even know how to react!! As much as I would love to have it, I'm not sure if I could take such a donation. What will your son use?! I rather not ruin hunting trips for you two. If I were to take it though, and they find my Sand Shark, Id surly send you it back on my expense. Honestly , I really have to think about this. Maybe I could raise a little money or something. I've already been putting away some tips that I can afford to put aside for my next detector. This is just to overwhelming !!

We are fortunate enough to have a few machines. Early Christmas present. PM me your details and I'll get it boxed up and out. If you can cover shipping you can send it when you get it, if not no worries. j
 
Last edited:
We are fortunate enough to have a few machines. Early Christmas present. PM me your details and I'll get it boxed up and out. If you can cover shipping you can send it when you get it, if not no worries. j

The spirit is alive. Awsome peep on Treasure Net
 
The spirit is alive. Awsome peep on Treasure Net
I know!!! Now I can hit the water again!!! Can't believe this is happening still!
 
WTG RD!! There's still some good ones! Merry Christmas


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the nice comments all........really just trying to right a wrong. I'm fresh off a damn busy set of night shifts and will be packing it up and sending it off tomorrow. Cant wait to see the goods ya pull outta the sand justkeepdigging!

Maybe we will get to Florida and you can show me the ropes! james
 
We're all glad you are here to "justkeep digging". So many awesome people on T-Net! HH!
 
Heya JKD, I sent a PM with the tracking info. Should be about 5 days.....RD
 
Thanks for the nice comments all........really just trying to right a wrong. I'm fresh off a damn busy set of night shifts and will be packing it up and sending it off tomorrow. Cant wait to see the goods ya pull outta the sand justkeepdigging! Maybe we will get to Florida and you can show me the ropes! james

I'll post all my finds!!! And anytime you're in florida will hit the beach!!
 
Your Sand Shark got swiped as I recall? If this is indeed what happened and your ability to replace it is limited I will donate my Sand Shark to you for what it costs to ship. As a cop (RCMP-Canada)I hate to see people victimized and like to help where I can. The SS is my sons go to but he has a big heart and is good with the offer. Let me know. james
You have more than a big hart ,you are what makes this community of M.D.ers so great!
 
Can I nominate RD for Honorable Mention?
 
Again, thanks for the nice comments. Happy to be able to help!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom