What's new

Drying up for me.....

scotto

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
278
Golden Thread
0
Location
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Silver is getting harder to come by at my good bank over here.

I did two boxes last week, got 3 - 40% and 1 - '03, that's it. I haven't been as aggresive at it as I was a few months back, getting less and less silver for the time and effort I'm putting into it. I would do more boxes, but I'm still stuck hand-rolling them all back up, not a coin counter anywhere in town. To find only 3 keepers in two boxes after you've spent hours rolling them just isn't much fun anymore.
 
Upvote 0
I am going through the same thing with boxes. I feel lucky now if I find 1 40% in a box, and that doesn't happen much in the last few months. Road trips are more productive. I find some silver, but if I factor in gas I'm sure I take a loss more times than not.

Good luck.
 
Fropa said:
I find some silver, but if I factor in gas I'm sure I take a loss more times than not.

Good luck.
If your in it for profit, the gas hurts. I'm more in it for a hobby so the gas doesn't matter. I usually do some MDing along the way.
 
I've been collecting coins for about 40 years so the collecting and the fun of the hunt are the main things. I also look at it as a way to get out and explore parts of the state I wouldn't normally check out if I wasn't bank hunting. In the grand scheme of things the gas has to be factored in like postage if you order a coin, but I don't think about the gas when I hit the road.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom