djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get the Poulin Pro at Lowes. It's only $100. Works absolutely fantastic! I had bought the model from Home Depot that was around $100, and had to return it 3 times. It kept breaking.

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Bigger is better, within reason, it gives you more range of adjustment. If the ground is wet or damp, I run material thru it on a higher setting a time or two to dry it, then re-run it at a lower (proper) setting to get the gold.

I second the Lowes brand, much better than the Home Despot ones. Plus your not assaulted by a bunch of day laborers on the way out.

Get a few of the cement mixing tubs to put under the end of the drywasher, when full you can pull them around and re-run easier.

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use the Echo PB-1000 but could not find one the last time I built a Vac so I went with the Ryobi that is similar, so far (4 MO) it is great. My prospecting buddy went with the Poulan and is on his 3rd one in the same time frame, 2 in one day. Piston ring seizes up and scores cylinder ( oil mix is correct ,little load) I prefer the flat mount rather than the stand up like a sears because of balance problems, I am usually in the rocks and cactus and don't need it falling over when empty.The picture is my vac setup and the other bucket is what I set it on to run my drywasher.

Attachments

• DCP04611.JPG
    DCP04611.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,079

whitevette

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Desertdigger said:
My prospecting buddy went with the Poulan and is on his 3rd one in the same time frame, 2 in one day. Piston ring seizes up and scores cylinder ( oil mix is correct ,little load) ,

Hi! Tell your friend (above) something he has already found out...Poulan makes garbage! I was told this by a small engine dealer / repair guy...who used to carry the Poulan brand. When they sold out to another (overseas) manufacturer, they lost it! He changed to Poulan... and mine is still running great after 16 years of almost steady Wintertime use! -whitevette

RetRmy

Apr 17, 2007
Sorry I cant recommend a blower motor, in fact, I have been trying to find someone with plans so I can build a drywasher, I had planned on using an electric leafblower hooked up to my rv's outdoor 110v outlet. is an electric leafblower strong enough?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the day laborers, tell them you have work and then give them a map, with an arrow pointing back to Mexico. LOL!!!!!!

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RetRmy said:
Sorry I cant recommend a blower motor, in fact, I have been trying to find someone with plans so I can build a drywasher, I had planned on using an electric leafblower hooked up to my rv's outdoor 110v outlet. is an electric leafblower strong enough?

Give me your e-mail and I will give you links to plans, i custom build 3 sizes of "Puffer" type drywashers and sell crank shaft kits for them to build your own. And yes an electric leafblower works just fine, I some times bring materal home and use my electric weedeater brand leaf blower rather than crank up my 2 cycle Roybi. The side discharge Echo blowers are the best, Poulan is the worst, Ihave had good luck with the Roybi, Craftsman are too tall and turn over all the time.

Attachments

• DCP04653.JPG
    DCP04653.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,500
  • DCP04611.JPG
    DCP04611.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 763
  • DCP04602.JPG
    DCP04602.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 764
  • DCP04614.JPG
    DCP04614.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,079

RetRmy

Apr 17, 2007
Thanks for the info and the pictures of the puffer DD. Looks like something I could actually handle making :D You said to email you, but I didnt see your email hope its ok to post mine here. [email protected]
Hope to get to AZ sometime in the near future. wife used to live in Flagg, and I would love to try some nugget shooting or drywashing.
Thanks again!!
retrmy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread